The Sound Factory @Realm667

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Tormentor667

The Sound Factory @Realm667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Also being tired of browsing through hundreds of wads, pk3s and other games just to find the one single ambient sound you are looking for? Finally, this is over! The Realm667 proudly presents the Sound Factory, the latest repository area on this page where you will be able to find countless high quality ambient sounds with preview and ready to use with SNDINFO definitions. It was never easier to fill your maps with acustic candy.

As of now, it's still a bit empty there, but as always, this place is a community thing. Collect your stuff, read the rules and submit your material, we will host it and make it available for other mappers out there. It's a give and take, just as usual. Looking forward to your support and submissions, the forum has just opened and is waiting for your files!
.+:icytux:+.

Re: The Sound Factory @Realm667

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

Actually, I think this is going to be one of the better repositories as ambience is not a thing people are going to go "meh overused" over as much as monsters and weapons. Ambient sounds are some of the things that I'd really love to use a lot, but I just havn't bothered to go searching for really good ones, if theres some easy preview feature, finding ambient sounds will probably become a lot easier.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Inevitably this will be mostly a rip-fest, with stuff like QuakeII ambient pack etc. but hopefully there's talented sound editors willing to create some new content. Either way I'm sure it will be very useful. :)
Gez

Post by Gez »

.+:icytux:+. wrote:ambience is not a thing people are going to go "meh overused" over as much as monsters and weapons.
Zort crickets in every map! :P
printz

Post by printz »

CaptainToenail wrote:Inevitably this will be mostly a rip-fest, with stuff like QuakeII ambient pack etc. but hopefully there's talented sound editors willing to create some new content. Either way I'm sure it will be very useful. :)
Not to mention that people are going to take sounds verbatim from libraries which allow reuse, and copy them to Realm667.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

printz wrote:
CaptainToenail wrote:Inevitably this will be mostly a rip-fest, with stuff like QuakeII ambient pack etc. but hopefully there's talented sound editors willing to create some new content. Either way I'm sure it will be very useful. :)
Not to mention that people are going to take sounds verbatim from libraries which allow reuse, and copy them to Realm667.
We'll be making sure it doesn't get that bad. Also, LARGE sound packs aren't allowed.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I'm honestly going to prefer Freesound.org and Gamebanana.com for my sound effects, unless someone here can record awesome new gunshot sounds and the like.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

CaptainToenail wrote:...but hopefully there's talented sound editors willing to create some new content. Either way I'm sure it will be very useful. :)
Bouncy is already doing a decent job ;)
BlueFireZ88
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BlueFireZ88 »

A sound section for Realm667? Cake yeah! :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

wildweasel wrote:I'm honestly going to prefer Freesound.org and Gamebanana.com for my sound effects, unless someone here can record awesome new gunshot sounds and the like.
I can fully understand that, though it's not that kind of sound library that I aim for on the Realm667. On both your sites you can get any (!) type of sound, really any kind. On the Realm667 you will only find ambient sounds of all types and variants, that are supposed to be placed in your maps and are ready to go. That's the little difference, actually "less is more" in this case :)
BouncyTEM
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

wildweasel wrote:I'm honestly going to prefer Freesound.org and Gamebanana.com for my sound effects, unless someone here can record awesome new gunshot sounds and the like.
Like me? =P

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3238714/gun.mp3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3238714/DBShotgun.mp3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3238714/Shotgun.mp3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3238714/Bolter.mp3
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3238714/Bolter5.mp3

to name a few.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

wildweasel wrote:unless someone here can record awesome new gunshot sounds and the like.
This is more for ambient sounds on a map, more than generic sound resources.

Return to “Resources”