[Assorted] ETTiNGRiNDER's one-stop resource shop

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
ShadesMaster

Re: [Assorted] ETTiNGRiNDER's one-stop resource shop

Post by ShadesMaster »

Want... updates... to... this... badly!!!!
ETTiNGRiNDER

Post by ETTiNGRiNDER »

Sorry, but for the time being I'll only be doing graphics work if one of my projects needs some.
ETTiNGRiNDER

Post by ETTiNGRiNDER »

I'll just leave these here, too.

A couple from-scratch Heretic (or Hexen if you want, I suppose) textures that I made quite some time ago but don't think I ever posted before, meant for an "Underground Temple" sort of set. Didn't really live up to what I wanted but someone less picky might like them.

Image Image
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Gorgeous textures as usual, ETTiNGRiNDER. I really want to see these put to use.
acidhoez

Post by acidhoez »

definitely going to try and use those textures...if not both then definitely the d'sparil one.
ETTiNGRiNDER

Post by ETTiNGRiNDER »

Here's the other Ogro-Hexen lava lamp edit. I thought I'd lost this one, but managed to recover it from one of my old wads.
Credits to Ogro & Raven Software.

ETTiNGRiNDER

Post by ETTiNGRiNDER »

Updated sprites for the Impaler Crossbow (Raven Software, Eriance, Rogue Entertainment, Skulltag Team, Lazureus)

Swamp reed with Hexen colors, from scratch
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

ETTiNGRiNDER wrote:Swamp reed with Hexen colors, from scratch
Woah! I love it.
Halfblind

Post by Halfblind »

Hey ETTiNGRiNDER,

I really like your Heretic and Hexen resources. I think it is awesome that someone is making variants of their textures. My favorites are your Heretic texture edits. Here is a few ideas that I have if you feel interested in making them.

First, is Heretic style crates, there are crates from Hexen and from the Medieval texture resources, but Heretic needs more variety than that. I was thinking of having 2 solid wood crates and having variants of them with metal borders.

Second, is more Heretic style barrels, we need like 4 different barrel styles, this includes both the ones from Heretic and Hexen. It could be cool to have a metal barrel as well.

Third, are Heretic style book cases and book ends. We need more book cases, like 6 variations. We can have solid wood and metal book cases. I think that would be really cool.

Fourth, is Heretic needs more narrow, Hexen style stained glass. We can never have too much stained glass. We need a version of the stained glass from Hexen with Corvus on it. On the top part we need the crossbow and maybe the hellstaff. We need stained glass that is in these dimensions 64X128, 64X256, 64X384, 64X64, 32X32, 32X64, 32X96, 32X128, 32X160 and 32X256. We need all these sizes so that we can use zdoom’s translucencies without having to create extra sectors to do so.

And Fifth, we need various grate textures in the same dimensions mentioned above.
I think it would be awesome if you could make these kinds of textures. That would be really amazing.
ETTiNGRiNDER

Post by ETTiNGRiNDER »

I'll take those under consideration next time I'm working on this type of stuff, but it may be a while.
Halfblind

Post by Halfblind »

Thanks, ETTiNGRiNDER. I have looked through every texture pack that I could get my hands on, Whether it be from Realm667 or from searching Google. They had a rather wide variety of brick, wood and rock textures but the ones that I mentioned above were in short supply. Though Doom texture resources have a crap load of crates, and glass, there was just nothing I could use for Heretic. Nothing that I though fulfilled my vision for Heretic wads. Thanks again.
ETTiNGRiNDER

Post by ETTiNGRiNDER »

The unused W_336 patch from Hexen extended to 256 pixels wide for better tiling.
ETTiNGRiNDER

Post by ETTiNGRiNDER »

Halfblind, how does this glass look for a start?

(Credits to Raven Software)
ETTiNGRiNDER

Post by ETTiNGRiNDER »

Spoiler: Made an interesting observation about the Heretic and Hexen skies
Results:
(The lower left is an unrelated recolor of Hexen's red sky that I threw in as a bonus since the blank space bothered me.)

And here are Heretic's hills with the clouds blanked out, ready to be made into skywalls:

All based on Raven Software graphics.
ETTiNGRiNDER

Post by ETTiNGRiNDER »

Touched up a seam on this Hexen wall patch.
W_058_FIX.png
W_058_FIX.png (7.32 KiB) Viewed 1215 times

Return to “Resources”