Faithful Doom64 Title/Stats Screen Midis

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Xtyfe
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Faithful Doom64 Title/Stats Screen Midis

Post by Xtyfe »

I'm looking for some faithful midi versions of the doom64 title and stats screen. Are there any existing?
Xaser

Re: Faithful Doom64 Title/Stats Screen Midis

Post by Xaser »

Hmm... although I don't know of any, a Doom-style midi version of these would actually rock pretty hard. Also the PSX title/stats, since they're a bit different.
Xtyfe
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Xtyfe »

I never played the psx version, i assumed it used the same music. It seems that they both use different titles/stat screen music. I actually prefer the PSX stuff now :P
Gez

Post by Gez »

If you want faithful MIDI of them, the most faithful you can get is the MIDIs right out of the ROM, as extracted by Kaiser's Doom64 Ex wadgen.

Of course, you'll have to use the soundfont generated by the same wadgen to make it sound like you're used to. Aubrey Hodge didn't really went for a traditional General MIDI lineup of instruments...

As a bonus, you can find all the sound effects from the game are likewise MIDI tracks! Fun!
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

There definitely exists a MIDI of the title sequence (Demon Eclipse uses it for its victory message theme) which I think you'll also find on VGMusic.

If it's the main menu theme you want, then, uhhhhh... not sure about that one.

Return to “Resources”