[Stuff] Hey, look at my junk!

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Stuff] Hey, look at my junk!

Post by wildweasel »

Let's cease with the childish bickering in here...
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

To finish this off, the reason I said it should be cyan is because I use Slade and though the brown color might be in the hand graphics. That's all.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

OK, fair enough. The reason I queried why you said it should be in cyan was simply that my "someone is inferring that cyan is the Doom transparent colour again*" senses were tingling. ;)

*and for the record for anyone who thinks it is; it isn't. :P
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

I do agree with you, Enjay. There's plenty of room for improvement, it's just that I ran out of steam with this gun in particular. I may revisit it some day but no promises.
Feel free to spit and polish. :P
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Slax wrote:Feel free to spit and polish. :P
I would if I could but I probably wouldn't have been able to get even as far as you have from a scratch sprite.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Here is some feedback regarding the sprite. Over all, the sprites looking pretty good. The amount of contrast, for the most part, seems good, and the over all motion seems adequate.

The only eye-catching problem is see is in the "reversed" foreshortening between the first 3 frames, and the last. Given the weapon is rocking back towards the player, it should get larger, not smaller (which is what you have here). The grey slide is what catches my eye the most, it shrinks quite a bit.

There is also some form issues with the barrel. Given the barrel is a cylinder (assumed from the shading) there shouldn't be a straight horizontal line on it when viewed from the angle shown here (most clearly, the black line). The same is with the top of the white part in the 4th frame.

Finally, I'm not sure if the first 3 frames are of the same weapon, or just alternate designs. But the black sights seems to be teleporting around different parts of the weapon and doesn't seem to have a set location. The size and shape also changes quite a bit. Maybe I'm misinterpreting the images. The Thumb safety part also seems to be changing shapes and sizes between the first 3 and 4th frames.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Right on the money there, Eriance.
The foreshortening is an angle thing along with recoil control. It'd probably look better with a bigger rear and an adapted hand. But, no luck on the hand big'n had to do and that sapped my energy. Now, the way I have everything set up in testing is that the hand barely shows, so no big issue. The slide however does get on my nerves. I did tinker with it as I was doing the same frame, only with the slide open, but just couldn't get it right. The other open slide frame is also quite ugly due to the fact that I can't grind these things without getting stressed. A promise to revisit any of this would just be letting myself down so sadly, you get what you get.

Safeties, sight, barrel and all of the other small stuff (inconsistencies) shouldn't really be too work to fix however. I'm just glad to have the damn thing workable. That thing has waaaay too many shapes and curves for my feeble novice spriter mind.
Captain Awesome

Post by Captain Awesome »

To be honest, it doesn't even look all too much like a Desert Eagle to me in the first place.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Captain Awesome wrote:To be honest, it doesn't even look all too much like a Desert Eagle to me in the first place.
I thought it was a German Luger. o_o
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

A much too dark Makarov. Bang bang. (And NOW I notice the most obvious inconsistency. Grumble grumble...)
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

even tho your sprites are rather nice, they all kinda look like they're model ripped. Less spritey, more edits of existing rips
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Pixelized 3D models with a bit of post-production, yes.
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

Enjay wrote:OK, fair enough. The reason I queried why you said it should be in cyan was simply that my "someone is inferring that cyan is the Doom transparent colour again*" senses were tingling. ;)

*and for the record for anyone who thinks it is; it isn't. :P
Well, obviously. Everyone knows this is the Doom transparency color.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

esselfortium wrote:Well, obviously. Everyone knows this is the Doom transparency color.
Something very close to that was used by DEUSF wasn't it?
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Could definitely do with some more tweaking, buuuuuut...
The Stainless Steel Makarov.

Return to “Resources”