Custom Texture Thread.

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

Re: Custom Texture Thread.

Postby Gez » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:28 am

I've actually seen roughcast renders with that same kind of pattern. The zimmerit idea does explain the name, though.
Gez

Postby zrrion the insect » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:24 am

Finally decided to make the last of the combination skies. I really wish doom had more dark reds as that really messes up how the last one is supposed to look. I tried to go back in and add some dithering to sort it out but I am not sure how it will look in game. For anyone who wants it here is the true color version:
EDIT:the date modified on the other 2 skies is from 2013! took me long enough to get the last one
zrrion the insect
Like a fish in a child's hands.

Postby EffinghamHuffnagel » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:24 pm

Doominer441 wrote:I believe they were based off of pictures of Zimmerit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimmerit

Wow. Thank you. Since 'zimmer' is German for 'room', I had always assumed that someone had been remodeling and had based the texture on the pattern in the adhesive when laying down tile or a mud pattern in drywalling. The more you know.
EffinghamHuffnagel

Postby Shibainumaster » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:48 am

Some cabinet textures i made for city based levels
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shibainumaster

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Superdave938 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:41 pm

Hell?
Superdave938

Discord: Super dave 938#5495

Previous

Return to Resources