Custom Texture Thread.

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

Re: Custom Texture Thread.

Postby Gorman Frebmane » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:50 am

in ultimate doom builder use the 3d sectors mode then after adding it click seperate and it will seperate the 3d floors into seperate ones. once that's done pres shift+w and you will enter slope mode which is a very easy way to make slopes.(that includes 3d floors). Just make sure the 3d floor control sectors are pretty big and far away from the map.
Gorman Frebmane

Postby bimshwel » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:23 am

yikes I had no idea there was an automated 3d sector creator! I had still been tediously doing it piece by piece. And last I read 3d ones couldn't have slopes at all. I will probably find out it has been possible for ten years. thank you for the information!
bimshwel
only as old as I feel, and I feel like dirt

Discord: bimshwel #7516

Postby Gez » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:23 am

The software (aka "Carmack") renderer did not know how to deal with sloped 3D floors, but the GL renderer could. Vulkan renderer can too. And I suppose softpoly is also capable to handling it. Dunno if the Carmack renderer was updated to handle them, though.
Gez

Postby bimshwel » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:49 am

oh beets and I had been thinking the software renderer did not support 3d floors of any kind. I remember trying to run some wads with 3d floors before I knew there were multiple modes like that and the floors simply didn't show up. It is impressive how far along all this has come.
bimshwel
only as old as I feel, and I feel like dirt

Discord: bimshwel #7516

Postby Hidden Hands » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:15 pm

Craneo wrote:crossposting from my thread, a bunch of textures, most from scratch (except for the paintings decoration pack, which are taken from artists, credits to them below)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jrlopge5lsmqb ... 1.pk3?dl=0
Painting decoration credits:
Francisco De Goya (Saturn Devouring His Son, Witches Sabbath, The Great He-Goat, 1798, 1819-1822), Hieronymus Bosch (Garden of the Earthly Delights, 1490-1510), Viktor Vasnetsov (Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, 1887), Ambras Castle (Portrait of Vlad III, c. 1560), Hans Memling ("Hell", c1485), Titian (The Flaying of Marsyas, c1570-75), Caravaggio (Medusa, 1596-98), Peter Paul Rubens (Death of Achilles, 1630-1632)

The Devil And All His Works is a great book. One of my childhood favourites.
Hidden Hands
Deadite

Previous

Return to Resources