Custom Texture Thread.

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Blox

Re: Custom Texture Thread.

Post by Blox »

At least it's not me tripping balls with streaky highlights
-> Image

--> Image
Nash

Post by Nash »

Laggy wrote:
Nash wrote:
Laggy wrote:I made water.

What program did you use to make this?
Just toying with SDL.
SDL? You mean you wrote your own program? The only SDL I can find on Google is the graphics API.
Laggy

Post by Laggy »

Nash wrote: SDL? You mean you wrote your own program? The only SDL I can find on Google is the graphics API.
Yep.
illuknisaa

Post by illuknisaa »

What do you guys think of this gif?

I wanted to make a big ass monitor with some cool animation but I think the animation is little too fast. The original gif used to have 60-80 frames so I cut it down to 15 (because I'm too lazy to edit all the frames). The gif is pretty close what it looks in game. I'm using 5 tics for each frame.

original:
Spoiler:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Looks reasonable, i guess. It would take a lot of frames if the asteroid spins as original numbers of frame.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

If the gold bars and whatnot in the lower left corner also animated it would be perfect.
EffinghamHuffnagel

Post by EffinghamHuffnagel »

Depends on its use. If this monitor is showing a large asteroid in stable orbit, then yes, it's moving very quickly. If, however, it's an alarm monitor showing a small asteroid heading for your spaceship, or a large asteroid hurtling towards the planet about to destroy the viewer and the entire base, then the speed is good. Agree on the gold bars. And the faster and larger the gold bars change (maybe to some bright reds), the greater the urgency.
Gez

Post by Gez »

I like checkerboard tiles. I like Heretic and Hexen.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

One tile in the lot doesn't have the checkerboard effect because it didn't look good on them.
Mikk-

Post by Mikk- »

I like checkerboard tiles too
Gez

Post by Gez »

So I've been toying with filters and somehow got a cool-looking mazelike effect that, once colored in deep blue, could make a fun alternative to the good old COMPBLUE.

Also in red:
illuknisaa

Post by illuknisaa »

Here is the spinning asteroid computer finished. I put pngs in a zip file because linking all the pics using a image hosting site would have been a pain in the ass. Zip also includes brighmaps. I don't know if the pics are paletted.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8p79bb4ti ... mkbcom.zip

I didn't include any animdefs or doomdef txt file so have fun typing those out. Animation probably looks best if you use tics somewhere between 5 and 10.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Fill a 128x128 image with midgray (#808080). Add noise. Apply random filters randomly with absolutely zero idea what the heck you are doing. End up with something that kind of looks like stone tiles. Make sure it tiles and tweak the color so that it converts okay to the Doom palette: you get this.

Or more probably you'll get something completely different. That picture went through phases where it looked kinda like brushed metal and with a few tweaks could perhaps serve as a SHAWN-like texture. Then it started looking more like hellflesh. And then, bam, stone tiles out of nowhere.
meatman12

Post by meatman12 »

That actually looks really cool! Sorta like Hexen.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

A teleporter I made for a project, but have ended up replacing it with something else.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

I wasn't very happy with the older tall support2 I made earlier, so here's a new version. I closely attempted to match the original's bits where its darker and lighter, unlike the original one I made.

As it would look in game if you replicated the normal SUPPORT2 texture:

Should still go next to SHAWN2 and the like fairly well.

Return to “Resources”