Custom Texture Thread.

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
SLON
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Custom Texture Thread.

Post by SLON »

Its actually based on Tysondog - Beware Of The Dog cover (with removed snow). When I saw this a long time ago, I thought: "Well, there is something elusive from the Doom-style Hell here." Now I remembered about it, so...
Tysong_Door.png
Tysong_Door.png (9.81 KiB) Viewed 1692 times
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Inspired by this switch that I have seen in a few projects...

(someone who knows the original artist please let me know who it is so that I can credit them)

I decided to make a similar switch but one that ties in more closely to the Doom2 default METAL textures (and general Doom style), and provides a bit of animation.

I've tested it in game and I'm happy with the result.

[edit] Original artist is ukiro and the switch comes from the OTEX texture resource pack ( https://doom.ukiro.com/about-otex/ ). If you use the above texture, please credit ukiro. [/edit]
EffinghamHuffnagel

Post by EffinghamHuffnagel »

Very nice! Doom doesn't have enough animated switches. I like the original, too. Hadn't actually seen it before.

Do you have a Doom-paletted version? That 5th yellow/green frame gets a little raped.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Making a Plutonia door! Not quite there yet.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Gorman Frebmane

Post by Gorman Frebmane »

0/10 not enough chaingunners
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

EffinghamHuffnagel wrote:Do you have a Doom-paletted version? That 5th yellow/green frame gets a little raped.
Sorry, I missed your post there. I tend to forget about Doom palette stuff these days so I don't have one. I'll take a look to see if I can get something that works well enough within the palette limits. Maybe the light just needs to snap from red to green half way through. We'll see.
abbuw

Post by abbuw »

Lazy Doom palette edits of my existing textures.

Enjay

Post by Enjay »

My attempt to do a reasonable-looking Doom palette version of the 32x64 switch I posted above:

Best I could do. :?

Like I said, I guess the other option would be to have a less subtle shift from red straight to green instead. The problem with that would be where to make the shift given that there is an odd number of frames - two red and three green or the other way around?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Another potentially more realistic idea: instead of fading straight between the colors, fade from red to black, then from black to green.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Good idea, thanks. Not sure which of these will work base in game (I suspect the first one) but they may well look better than the ones with the intermediate yellow frames.

abbuw

Post by abbuw »

Less lazy edit of an existing texture, bunch of hand drawn stuff in here.
ImageImage
Anna1234Ihrs
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Texture Trouble

Post by Anna1234Ihrs »

I've been trying to add custom textures into a map I've made in the Eureka map editor. I made the custom textures using SLADE, saved the wad under a different name and tried opening it in Eureka, but every time I try it says there's no definition file. I tried adding the textures to different IWADs and every time it came up with the same result. Any fixes?
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Final Doom/Plutonia door is making good progress. I reckon it's pretty close now. Not sure what to do with that bottom panel, or if I should just leave it empty.
Attachments
PlutoniaDoor.png
PlutoniaDoor.png (8.23 KiB) Viewed 1106 times
luigiman0640
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by luigiman0640 »

Gifty wrote:Final Doom/Plutonia door is making good progress. I reckon it's pretty close now. Not sure what to do with that bottom panel, or if I should just leave it empty.
I kinda like it just empty like that, but if anything, I suppose you could put some kind of stencil lettering down there. I was thinking a big TNT, but this isn't technically for that.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

Something like this would look good imo

Return to “Resources”