Custom Texture Thread.

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Custom Texture Thread.

Post by Talon1024 »

More truecolour versions of my Freetonia stuff. I think these are the last few Freetonia textures that had to be done. Also, truecolour versions of the Freetonia animations.

ROCK+Variant with depth:
ImageImageImage
MOSSROCK+Variant with depth:
ImageImage
MOSROK2+Variants with depth and brighter/darker moss:
ImageImageImageImage
MOULD:
FIREBLU/AROCK animation with/without added depth:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DBRAIN/MC:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Talon1024 on Tue May 02, 2017 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
RockstarRaccoon

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Love it!
RockstarRaccoon

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Having trouble getting this to really shine... Anyone interested in helping me out?
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Some edits of Uboa's book textures

Airos

Post by Airos »

Here's a large pack of stuff I've grabbed from this thread over the last few days, (starting from page 1). This is not a complete collection of everything in the thread for two main reasons - first, I've only saved what I personally like, and second, there's a lot of dead links in the early pages. There is an additional archive from the 5th of March, 2013 that has been included which was compiled by jpalomo, so that will hopefully fill in some of the gaps. I haven't even cracked it open yet myself, so I expect there will be a fair amount of duplication (sorry for the file bloat). That being said, if someone *is* trying to compile a complete pack, please feel free to use this archive as a starting point.

While fair credit where credit is due, I didn't keep track of who was editing whose textures, only who posted "their" version of it. Everything is sorted according to who submitted it (each person gets their very own folder). At this point I'm simply not able to to give detailed credit for each and every single image, and it's likely the resulting text file would be unwieldy to navigate. If anyone wants to chip in and figure out whose files are based on who else's work and get that into txt files, I'll add them to the archive and update the link.

What has not been done is any breaking apart of sprite sheets or animated gifs. That's a whole other project, and if/when I get around to doing that, I'm probably going to want to also take a crack at adding a bit of logic to the filenames as well, removing the imgur gibberish and likely including a 2-3 letter prefix to indicate who made the file.

Mega
Google Drive

I know the following were posted nigh on ages ago, but it can't possibly hurt to ask.
Enjay wrote:http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... tures1.zip

I *think* everything in there was done by me. If not, I apologise. Just let me know. I don't want to claim authorship anything that isn't mine.
Does anyone still have a copy of this floating around?
Seidolon wrote:Created a brightmap for this old switch texture. Credits to me and Nightfall.
BMSTAIRS.png
Spoiler:
Does anyone have the texture this brightmap goes with?
DrDoctor

Post by DrDoctor »

Some dark marble with gold trim
goldmarble.png
This one would work as a large door
goldgate.png
goldgate.png (43.56 KiB) Viewed 1344 times
Last edited by DrDoctor on Sat May 27, 2017 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Looks classy and golden! And i hear some trims stacking in, too. Heh.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Airos wrote:I know the following were posted nigh on ages ago, but it can't possibly hurt to ask.
Enjay wrote:http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... tures1.zip

I *think* everything in there was done by me. If not, I apologise. Just let me know. I don't want to claim authorship anything that isn't mine.
Does anyone still have a copy of this floating around?
I know that I don't have the file. I compiled it by selecting from a bunch of textures that I already had in a folder so I didn't see the need to keep a zip of textures that was merely a subset of textures that I already had. If I get a bit of time, I could make a guess at the kind of textures that were in there and maybe recreate it, or something similar.

Thanks for collating the stuff from this thread BTW. I don't have the file yet but it sounds useful and nice and logically laid out too.
HMNuke93

Post by HMNuke93 »

DrDoctor wrote:Some dark marble with gold trim
goldmarble.png
goldgate.png
Amazing :wub: Are these from scratch?
Airos

Post by Airos »

Enjay wrote:I know that I don't have the file. I compiled it by selecting from a bunch of textures that I already had in a folder so I didn't see the need to keep a zip of textures that was merely a subset of textures that I already had. If I get a bit of time, I could make a guess at the kind of textures that were in there and maybe recreate it, or something similar.

Thanks for collating the stuff from this thread BTW. I don't have the file yet but it sounds useful and nice and logically laid out too.
No worries, it was more out of curiosity's/completionist's sake than anything, (I mean, Enjay made something, so it's gotta go in the Enjay folder :P ). That being said, if you ever feel the urge to make more packs/compilations, I'll download it. I like your style.

And, you're welcome. I have a habit of downloading every single thing I find even a little bit interesting, because I never know what I'll want to use for a map, (I mean it's not like I need every single variant button, but I want to make sure I have a button that matches the surrounding wall textures).
DrDoctor wrote:Some dark marble with gold trim
The attachment goldmarble.png is no longer available
The attachment goldgate.png is no longer available
I think the second set would look sharper if the horizontal lines didn't cross over the vertical lines at the edges.
Attachments
goldmarble copy.png
Doominer441

Post by Doominer441 »

Since I see people are looking for it, I was able to find a re-upload of Enjay's textures here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/67u16lb4jlyrjj1/
Airos

Post by Airos »

Doominer441 wrote:Since I see people are looking for it, I was able to find a re-upload of Enjay's textures here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/67u16lb4jlyrjj1/
That is seriously awesome, thank you! :mrgreen:
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Airos wrote:
Seidolon wrote:Created a brightmap for this old switch texture. Credits to me and Nightfall.
The attachment BMSTAIRS.png is no longer available
Spoiler:
Does anyone have the texture this brightmap goes with?
STAIRSW1.png
STAIRSW1.png (780 Bytes) Viewed 1240 times
STAIRSW2.png
STAIRSW2.png (883 Bytes) Viewed 1240 times
BMSTAIRS.png
BMSTAIRS.png (1.44 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
Airos

Post by Airos »

Seidolon wrote:
STAIRSW1.png
STAIRSW2.png
BMSTAIRS.png
It's like Christmas! Thank you so much.
Airos

Post by Airos »

I'm (edit: still) not particularly pleased with the keyboard (edit: but it's better than it was. I should try to change the windows key to a modern UAC logo, and maybe adjust a few spots).

I dunno. Overall I don't feel particularly happy with the results so far, so I may end up either digging through and editing someone else's monitors, or else just revert the keyboard area to vanilla. Granted, it's a whole lotta work for not a lot of return when scaled back to vanilla size.

Image edit2: Image The Doom palette does bad things to this.

Regardless, I *am* happy with the processes and techniques I've learned, so it's not a total wash. :D
Spoiler: old crappy keyboard
Spoiler: Choppy animation warning

Return to “Resources”