Mike12's Resources - Blood-style Revolver, 12/4/2016

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
ETTiNGRiNDER

Re: Mike12's Resources - UPDATE: Machine Pistol+Hacx Uzi 30/

Post by ETTiNGRiNDER »

Xaser wrote:AW SHIT,

I am seriously adding dual uzis to Hacx 2.0 as an MP-only weapon, now. That's awesome. :)
:( Why MP-only? Balance issues?
Mike12

Re: Mike12's Resources - UPDATE: Vented Shotgun 3/8/11

Post by Mike12 »

Added a new Doom shotgun edit that I was toying around with yesterday, somebody might find it useful.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Divine bovine, that Uzi is incredible. Sometimes the "gangsta style" hold is a bit awkward to work with. :P

Also, where did you get that Doomguy hand? I don't recal seeing it before, and it actually looks great (compared to the stock "chubguy" hands that people overuse). :shock:
rollingcrow

Post by rollingcrow »

Vented shotgun looks great!
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Se7eNytes wrote:Vented shotgun looks great!
Albeit impractical. Sure, buckshot doesn't need rifling, but what do you do if a pellet manages to get into (or through) a vent? :P
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Most weapons with vented barrels have the venting "hovering" around the barrel. Example: Intratec TEC-9.
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

NeuralStunner wrote:Divine bovine, that Uzi is incredible. Sometimes the "gangsta style" hold is a bit awkward to work with. :P

Also, where did you get that Doomguy hand? I don't recal seeing it before, and it actually looks great (compared to the stock "chubguy" hands that people overuse). :shock:
Haha, thanks! 90% of the hand is from Marty Kirra's hand sheet on the Weapon Hand Template thread. But I did customize it slightly by combining the arm with one of the arms from the most common hand/arm sheet (I think it might have been Scuba Steve's knife arm) in order to lengthen it, and I got the trigger finger from the Shadow Warrior uzi hand (which I think was Cory Whittle's handing). Came out rather nicely.
wildweasel wrote:Most weapons with vented barrels have the venting "hovering" around the barrel. Example: Intratec TEC-9.
Hrm, yeah, I see what you mean. I thought that having them completely around the barrel might look somewhat messy on the Doom shotgun though. Nevertheless, it's something I might return to in the future.

Update: I actually just messed around with having the venting all away around the barrel on the idle frame just now, actually looks kind of cool, I might go forward with it:
.ex.inferis.

Post by .ex.inferis. »

That's a pretty badass shotgun. :D All it needs is a pickup sprite. Makes me imagine the chaingun in that style.
Blox

Post by Blox »

I know it's not your fault that the hand on the first pumping frame is caked up, but I'd like to give a little fix for it.
Attachments
Not that it's perfect either, but anything is better than that huge hand coming out of the blue.
Not that it's perfect either, but anything is better than that huge hand coming out of the blue.
ShotgunArmFix.png (3.69 KiB) Viewed 2868 times
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Blox wrote:I know it's not your fault that the hand on the first pumping frame is caked up, but I'd like to give a little fix for it.
Haha, thanks! I'm sure that will come in handy! (oh-ho, aren't I clever?)
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Alright, added the new version of the vented shotgun. Didn't apply Blox's hand fix yet because I'm tired, will probably do that later though.
Mike12

Re: Mike12's Resources - UPDATE: Vented Shotgun 2 v3, 5/8/11

Post by Mike12 »

Updated the sniper rifle, and added a new version of the second vented shotgun with some further updates.
SamVision

Re: Mike12's Resources - UPDATE: Vented Shotgun 2 v3, 8/8/11

Post by SamVision »

The sniper rifle is sexy as hell now. Just needs a pickup sprite. But what is that thing sticking out of the last frame?
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Its a lever action
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Updated the thread with some of my older resources and a Sniper Rifle pickup sprite:
UAC Standard Issue Rifle (which has it's own thread a couple pages back in the Resources section)
Edited Powerslave Revolver
Sniper Rifle pick-up sprite

Return to “Resources”