[WIP] Imp Grab

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Mike12

Re: [WIP] Imp Grab

Post by Mike12 »

I think I have this almost finished now, just some more detailing and shading out the horns/teeth.

Also, does anybody happen to have a hand better suited for going around the Imp's neck? I don't think the hand in the picture is going to work out too great. :P
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

TheMistress wrote:If you could make more of these sprites ;o...You should totally give them to Seargant Mark IV so he could put them into brutal doom maybe..Like when you punch an Imp you grab him and suck..
Actually I was thinking about having monsters as human shields in the future versions. This sprite really fits with it.

That's looking pretty good. :D
But I just think all teeth should be canine, like this:

I have a hand that fits for it, but unfortunately, I only have it with black gloves. You have to find yourself the version with brown gloves.
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:
TheMistress wrote:If you could make more of these sprites ;o...You should totally give them to Seargant Mark IV so he could put them into brutal doom maybe..Like when you punch an Imp you grab him and suck..
Actually I was thinking about having monsters as human shields in the future versions. This sprite really fits with it.

That's looking pretty good. :D
But I just think all teeth should be canine, like this:

I have a hand that fits for it, but unfortunately, I only have it with black gloves. You have to find yourself the version with brown gloves.
Haha, well, you're more than welcome to it. I was planning on making the zombieman and shotgun guy later, as well. And thanks for the hand, if it comes down to it, I can just recolor it somehow.

As for the teeth, people seem to have a differing opinion on how they are, so I could just provide both versions in the final product (if you don't mind me providing your teeth edit, since it would save me a bit of work :P)

Edit:

Put the hand on the neck, looks pretty good. :D
Captain Awesome

Post by Captain Awesome »

This is pretty damn cool.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Hmm, I think the thumb needs to "dig in" a little more, to convey the appearance of a tight, painful grip.
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

NeuralStunner wrote:Hmm, I think the thumb needs to "dig in" a little more, to convey the appearance of a tight, painful grip.
Heh, yeah, the hand might still need some slight tinkering.
Blox

Post by Blox »

Ah, sorry dude. I stole your image. But I simply couldn't stop now that I had nice results, talking about results;
How rude of me indeed!

Hm.. The thumb seems to be positioned in the wrong spot, argh.

As for the line-ey shading, well - it's a first timer. Not to mention the scariest part.. A 4px brush. (Oh the horrors!)

Well, I hope this won't stop you from improving it. :)
Good job, man! Really, I only just nailed the shading/details.
Attachments
OhGodWhatDidIDo.7z
Source PSD (For additional tinkering, detail base, or just to see what the hell happened.)
(117.34 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Blox wrote:Ah, sorry dude. I stole your image. But I simply couldn't stop now that I had nice results, talking about results;
How rude of me indeed!

Hm.. The thumb seems to be positioned in the wrong spot, argh.

As for the line-ey shading, well - it's a first timer. Not to mention the scariest part.. A 4px brush. (Oh the horrors!)

Well, I hope this won't stop you from improving it. :)
Good job, man! Really, I only just nailed the shading/details.
That looks really good! I still see some things I can modify, I don't suppose you'd mind if I integrated this progress into the final version? (You'll be credited on the first post, of course.)

I don't suppose you edited the copy without the hand, did you? The hand position does seem rather odd when you consider the position/shape of the neck.
Blox

Post by Blox »

Just a second, I already adjusted the thumb.

And of course you can use it, you're the one that made the base, after all. :P
Not to mention that it was my intention, hehe.

QuickEdit:
RotSprite is useful.

And yes, I'll clean up the horns. As is, I just decided to see what happens if I try to shade them with a 4px brush.
Turned out alright.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Wow that imp needs some anti-aging cream. :lol:

Looks good though, just need the inevitable dark-imp variant now. :P
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Blox wrote:Just a second, I already adjusted the thumb.

And of course you can use it, you're the one that made the base, after all. :P
Not to mention that it was my intention, hehe.

QuickEdit:
RotSprite is useful.

And yes, I'll clean up the horns. As is, I just decided to see what happens if I try to shade them with a 4px brush.
Turned out alright.
Also, the thumb is good now, but i'm more concerned about the other side of the hand. The way it's positioned, it doesn't quite look like the fingers are firmly wrapping around the neck (from the position the hand is in, they'd likely be hovering over the neck a bit :P) Still, a good adjustment.

And no need to worry about the horns, I've already been working on this again since you posted (I worked on the horns, am adding some more details to the face and teeth, and I removed the unsightly transparent jaggies from the edges) :P.
Blox

Post by Blox »

Well, guess too bad for me then. :P
Spoiler: Because I already cleaned it up.
Though I guess you can slap your changes over the PSD version. ;)
Attachments
OhGodWhatDidIDo3.7z
Source PSD, again.
(151 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

There's what I got. I sharpened the horns and smoothed out their shape too.

Also, I changed the brow-line back to the shape it was in before. From all the art I've seen of the imp, the brow-line is supposed to be continuous like that (I look at the HD sprites from Doom RPG for Ipod as well as some other art to get a general idea of the imp's face).

Also, trying to extract that PSD file gives me an error for some reason. D:
Xim

Post by Xim »

This is turning out great! You think you'd be able to fill in the gap where the hand is though? It might make it easier for making additional frames.
Blox

Post by Blox »

Like this?

Return to “Resources”