[Textures] Radix

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Diodeus

[Textures] Radix

Post by Diodeus »

Textures from Radix: Beyond the Void (ver 2.0).
radxprev.PNG
radxprev.PNG (44.66 KiB) Viewed 1547 times

Re: [Textures] Radix

Post by Xaser »

Hell yes.

Hmm, I've always wondered what it would take to add support for Radix's texture format to SLADE3. It's got some pretty nice stuff, though the only real means to extract textures that I know of (sans any hacking Diodeus may have done) is by screenshot-ripping things in RADCAD's preview mode.

What I'd really love to do, though, is develop a more modern editor for the game and perhaps get some modding interest started for it. It's a pretty damn good game, but the editing tool for it hasn't exactly aged well (imagine DEU, except you have to manually assign "linedefs" to "sectors" by hand). 'Tis a shame that I can't seem to get off my arse and use it anyway... maybe I'll fix that eventually. ;)

Anyhow, great stuff, I say!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Oooh, some nice stuff there. A lot of it looks quite suitable for Doom and even more so for Strife I'd say. Thank you.
CruX

Post by CruX »

Cool looking stuff, but whatever happened to your attempts to rip the sprites from Last Rites? Is that still being done?
Sodaholic

Post by Sodaholic »

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/drdteam/public_html/drdteam/xtra/system/codeigniter/Common.php on line 130 Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/drdteam/public_html/drdteam/xtra/system/codeigniter/Common.php on line 136
So, yeah. Download doesn't seem to want to work. :(
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

DRD Team is currently undergoing some changes.That might have to do with it.
Diodeus

Post by Diodeus »

Globe wrote:Cool looking stuff, but whatever happened to your attempts to rip the sprites from Last Rites? Is that still being done?
Be patient, I riped almost all graphics from Last Rites some time ago. But I need cut out sprites, set background color, try to arrange frames... I completed 70-80%.
CruX

Post by CruX »

Sorry, not trying to sound pushy, it's just that I had an eDuke project using my own screenshot ripped resources from Last Rites that was mostly near completion (in terms of coding, at least) but when I heard that you were able to get genuine rips of the game's stuff, I put it on hold so the project wouldn't have to use substandard stuff. Not rushing you at all, I just wanted to make sure you hadn't hit a rut or anything.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Xaser wrote:Hmm, I've always wondered what it would take to add support for Radix's texture format to SLADE3.
First, you'd have to crack the archive format (doesn't seem terribly complicated, but it has to be done). Then you have to hope that graphics are self-contained instead of being horrors like the Build tiles or, worse, the dreadful mess that is Wolf3D.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Looks like a great rip as usual :D Unfortunately DRDteam appears to be having problems today, can you upload the files on another site?
Diodeus

Post by Diodeus »

CKeen wrote:Looks like a great rip as usual :D Unfortunately DRDteam appears to be having problems today, can you upload the files on another site?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/itbstdgz8 ... xtures.zip

Return to “Resources”