[Tool] Spricer

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

Re: [Tool] Spricer

Postby Apothem » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:43 pm

And of course instead of just muting the audio they block the entire video :?

Anyway, thanks a bunch for this! There have been quite a few sprite sheets I've wanted to cut apart, but never could do it properly! :)
Apothem
ACS scripting makes my head go BooM!

Postby Nash » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:48 pm

Now I'm looking for the opposite; I have a bunch of images, all same dimensions, properly named in sequence. I'd like an automated way to get all of these images arranged neatly into a single sprite sheet.

I have literally hundreds of frames to work with, there's just no way I can do this manually. It has to be automated.
Nash
Twitter/Facebook/Youtube: nashmuhandes

Twitch ID: nashmuhandes
Github ID: nashmuhandes

Postby Gez » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:04 pm

I'd suggest using some scripting language (e.g., Perl) to generate some TEXTURES code compositing all these sprites into sheets. This assumes that the individual images have predictable names which makes it just a question of printf-ing a basic string with just a few variables that change.

Once you have your TEXTURES lump, load it up with all your sprites in an archive in SLADE. Go to the texture editor, select all textures and export them as entries. Then quit the texture editor, look for all the new entries in the archive, and export them as files.
Gez

Postby zerratar » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:19 pm

:D
zerratar

Postby Xtyfe » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Link is dead
Xtyfe
Neque Deos, Neque Dominos

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support