Dark Forces sprites

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Virtue

Dark Forces sprites

Post by Virtue »

Anyone know a good program that will work on XP to extract Dark Forces sprites? WAX2 seems to mess up the alpha channel and merges it with black so you cant get a clean rip. Also, Ive downloaded a few custom monsters and want them extracted as well, but if anyone has clean rips of all the sprites, that would be coolio.

cheers.
David Ferstat

Re: Dark Forces sprites

Post by David Ferstat »

You're probably better off asking this at a Dark Forces site, such as http://df-21.net/
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

ive been there. The editors on that site are rubbish, none of them work on XP except WAX2 and that messes up the pallete and applies black as the alpha colour.
DoomSplitter

Post by DoomSplitter »

There are some rips at The Spriters Resource. Link
David Ferstat

Post by David Ferstat »

David Ferstat wrote:You're probably better off asking this at a Dark Forces site, such as http://df-21.net/
I typed ask for a reason. Did you ask, or just look at the dwnloads page?

The people on that forum are, as far as I can see, still editing. Ergo, you should ask them what tools they use, and how they set them up. Given that, like you, they're very likely using XP, you should be able to find something you can use.

If they can use the tools under XP, as I suspect they can, you should be able to.
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

i got it working :P
David Ferstat

Post by David Ferstat »

Yay! :)
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Are you going to upload the sprites here once you rip them? It would be nice, as far as I know they haven't been ripped.
DoomSplitter

Post by DoomSplitter »

CKeen wrote:Are you going to upload the sprites here once you rip them? It would be nice, as far as I know they haven't been ripped.
Did everyone just skip over my first post? There are some monster rips at the spriters resource (no weapons and objects though). :? Or are you guys talking about a different game?

Return to “Resources”