[Sprites] Red Impish monster

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
40oz

[Sprites] Red Impish monster

Post by 40oz »

http://jbserver.com/forums/attachments/8342_redimp.zip

I made this for a project but it turns out I'm probably not gonna use it. It's a recolored imp with recolored Heretic Sabreclaw legs. I drew the face from scratch. It's got all the frames of a regular imp minus the gibbing frames. (it's regular death is gibbing, It reminds me of the old soul harvester.)

Someone make a DECORATE monster out of it and submit it to the realm667 beastiary because I spent a good deal of time on it and I don't want it to go to waste.

:|
printz

Re: [Sprites] Red Impish monster

Post by printz »

Good work!
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

40oz wrote:Someone make a DECORATE monster out of it and submit it to the realm667 beastiary because I spent a good deal of time on it and I don't want it to go to waste.
I am working on this right now. Saw these sprites and immediately fell in love.
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

Interesting look, has a sort of "(C) Wraith Software, 1994" feel about it; dunno if the "retro" effect is deliberate, but this guy could have come straight from H2P. Should definitely go in the beastiary, good work!
Zero X. Diamond

MartinHowe wrote:Interesting look, has a sort of "(C) Wraith Software, 1994" feel about it; dunno if the "retro" effect is deliberate, but this guy could have come straight from H2P.
Hey now, don't insult the poor guy! :laff:

Also, I've got all the graphics lined up and put in a WAD. Tomorrow I'll do the DECORATE and gather and/or record some sounds for it. (Just figured I'd put that out there so somebody else doesn't swoop in and grab it away while I'm asleep; I'm really excited to work on this!)
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

Zero X. Diamond wrote:Hey now, don't insult the poor guy! :laff:
Hey man, it was just the first thing that came into my head on seeing him: "Wow, that's really old skool!" :) I mean the garish red colours and the weird difference between the torso and leg areas. It's not a bad attempt for one of the more recent forum members and certainly worth having.

Indeed, the odd look could work to a mapper's advantage in a bio lab or house of horror scenario; imagine the early imps back in the early days of Hell... powerful melee fighters, but red with the blood of the dead (so easily spotted) and no distance attack (so easily picked off with arrows or spears).

By the time Hell invades Mars, the current imps are used by Hell; however, Mr Van Helsing keeps caged under Tuckfield Mansion / Dr Evil has hidden his (apparently) Empty Museum / Professor Crackpot experiments on in his basement laboratory / you get the idea some horrible things that Hell used from the darkest times until about 1400AD. You walk past the dark empty cages only too late to realise that they are NOT empty. After killing your assailants you realise that they are actually imps... but not as we know them, rather ... as your forefathers knew them! How on earth did they end up here?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

And you are correct. It really does have a Hell2Pay look to it.

I'm not a fan of the colour but it is quite a nasty looking beast (in a good way).
Xim

Post by Xim »

This looks cool, but I dunno about the head. It's a well drawn head, but it clashes too much with the body. That's still some good work.
Recurracy

Post by Recurracy »

Awesome work there, really like it.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I actually really like the head. It looks very vicious with a hint of serpent.
Xim

Post by Xim »

Enjay wrote:I actually really like the head. It looks very vicious with a hint of serpent.
Oh it's a good head, it's just the shading and such doesn't match quite up with the body.
40oz

Post by 40oz »

oh i see what you mean. it's head doesn't really look 'round'

I don't plan on fixing it though. sorry.
Xim

Post by Xim »

40oz wrote:oh i see what you mean. it's head doesn't really look 'round'

I don't plan on fixing it though. sorry.
Hey, no need to apologize. You've done a fantastic job, much better than a bunch of people here could do. :lol:
ProjectAngel

Post by ProjectAngel »

All right, let's see what I can do with this little gem. Been a while since I made good monster.
Zero X. Diamond

But I'm already working on one!

I've just been swamped with other projects, that's all...

Return to “Resources”