[Sprites] Scaled Sprites

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Re: [Sprites] Scaled Sprites

Post by BouncyTEM »

Old, was made for a different project, but still relevant to some degree. While i'll grant you credit that you're not doing "high resolution sprites", you can claim all you want that the filtered paint splatter you call altered sprites will be fine scaled, I say otherwise. :\
Recurracy

Post by Recurracy »

Ew @ the sprites

Ew @ the fatso

Lol @ bouncy picture

Also stop making your own rules to every thread you make, it's really annoying :/
Nexar

Post by Nexar »

SWEDISH- Jag tycker iallafall om dom! Jag får tycka precis vad jag vill. Och andra har rätten att tycka så dom vill. (THE ORIGINAL)
ENGLISH- Atleast i like them! Im allowed to think exactly whatever i want. And others have the rights to think just as they want.

But it doesn't mean that everyone has the rights to say whatever they want. It exist words that a person shouldn't say to another person.
And if someone says something bad about you, Just ignore him. Thats why im going to continue with this. No matter what you think of what i make.

It's just like when someone tries to kill you with either a gun or a knife. Your allowed to knock him down and call the police. To protect yourself.
So i don't care what you think, The only thing that matters is what youself think.

You shouldn't bulley someone for being a beginner at something. Do not call him a noob becouse he just begun with something. It's the result that matters.
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

It's just like when someone tries to kill you with either a gun or a knife. Your allowed to knock him down and call the police. To protect yourself.
Err no, it's not really like that at all, as there's this little thing called "freedom of speech". There's no "freedom to murder" (well, unless you have diplomatic immunity, I suppose ;)).
Last edited by NiGHTMARE on Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nexar

Post by Nexar »

really think that we should stop this offtopic conversation right now. Before this ends a bad way.
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

Bullying might only occur because there's a higher standard for everything here, or something about the user that invokes it. Otherwise, the kind of sprites done are usually a big no-no and do not contain the amount of quality in the goal you're trying to get to.

@NiGHTMARE: The freedom of speech is a bit of a picky issue with a friend I know of.. But, regardless.

Technically, Nexar, people are allowed to say whatever they want within a certain limit/clause. The self-defense example is honestly crap when it comes to taking up criticism in regards to the scaled up sprites. And learn to take harsh words better. I know I was very bad at the beginning, but you progress a lot if you try. How long this would take? It may last years, sonny. Get some patience, work on your own, ask someone who's experienced in the field for advice, look up some information (some useful books in regards to anatomy, drawing, etc. out there), and don't get so darn defensive about your work.

It doesn't matter how long you've made something - chances are if you're inexperienced, it will show. Take longer, a lot, lot longer to learn the tricks of the trade here.
Nexar

Post by Nexar »

Yeah, Ryan! Your right. But the stuff i writed is actually taken from the swedish, and i translated it. but i have only learned 97% of all english, so it's kinda hard to write all that in english.
And i did say that some words are not allowed.
And my sprites are just unfinished sprites. I just wanted to show you people the progress. Now, please don't reply to this post (or that fatass guy pic)
Recurracy

Post by Recurracy »

You have to be willing to accept criticism and actually do something with it. You just can't ignore every post that says 'its bad, you could do this and that better' just because YOU like it.
It's the result that matters.
Which is pretty shit, and then it DOES matter.
Captain Awesome

Post by Captain Awesome »

This can't end well.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

ffs,

Tormentor, you should know better than to post gross pictures on the internet. I can't see it myself but I assume it's pretty bad considering all the remarks. Warned.

Nexar, as said you don't run the forum and you can't make your own rules for each thread you make as Recurracy said. If everyone is saying something you made sucks, most likely it does. It's up to you to either ignore and continue or accept and work harder but right now you're doing neither so I'm locking this. Keep this up and warnings will follow.

People quoting images, you suck for quoting images full stop, let alone gross ones. Don't do it.

Return to “Resources”