Blood (2) Models?

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Zero X. Diamond

Re: Blood (2) Models?

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

Oh, I'm afraid not. Didn't toss 'em in there. Two of them weren't even showing up in Quake 3 for some reason but I seemed to recall them looking evil so I threw them in. Let me see if I can maybe throw together previews for the ones that did...
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Any news on that one? The player models are actually pretty useless as most of them just do not fit and the rest looks ridicolous :(
Zero X. Diamond

Well, unfortunately nobody on the XeNTaX forums seems to give half a shit about anything that was released more than thirty seconds ago, so nobody has replied to a single thing I've requested on there... this includes the request for some way to work with LithTech V6 ABC models. You'd think that a forum full of capable minds that put together converters and extractors all the damn time could maybe do something with it considering I posted the actual file structure of the models, but they're all too busy dealing with the bleeding edge to stop for a moment and help a brother out.

As for the System Shock 2 models, there's another snag in that I can't find any information about their file format at all, meaning that there appears to be no way to even ATTEMPT to convert them to something other than their native format. The hi-res models may still have usable originals on their creators' computers, but I'd have to find out who made what and see if they're even still around to ask for permission to use them. This would be advantageous though, however, since the basic grunt monster from SS2 bears a distinct resemblance to the Blood zombie and could probably be made to look even more like one with some fancy skinning work. But like I said, it all depends upon who made what and if they're even still around.

EDIT: I may have actually just gotten wind of a program that can convert SS2 models to 3DS. I'll try and find it and see how that goes.

EDIT #2: Wow, moments later I found it. I'll have a look in a few to see if this really works... it may not work for the monsters from what I understand.

RTCW... I just haven't gone through and snagged the models and textures out of the files yet. I can give that a go if you're still interested in having a look at those.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Yeah, sure, maybe there is something of use in there...
Zero X. Diamond

More bad luck, man. Unfortunately I was right in my understanding that as of yet there is no way to convert the 3D models of monsters in System Shock 2, which leaves me only with the stuff from Return to Castle Wolfenstein which I will attempt to rip later today at some point. In the meantime I'll try and think of of other 3D model resources I might have around here that may be of use to you, but as of this moment things are looking a little bit grim.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

No-one who can actually help with these kind of models?
Zero X. Diamond

No one. The research has been done and apparently the only documentation in existence on the file format is incorrect. As has already been covered, the only existing tools for the job do not work as they're supposed to. There is no way to convert them other than tracking down an expert and forcing them to painstakingly analyze the format and then come up with a completely new method for conversion, which in my experience you are simply not going to be able to do for a game of this age and obscurity.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

Zero X. Diamond wrote:which in my experience you are simply not going to be able to do for a game of this age and obscurity.
Age, sure, but obscurity? This is DOOM we're talking about. :P

...Unless you meant Blood 2, but even that's not exactly "obscure" so much as it is "unpopular". :geek:
Zero X. Diamond

I was talking about Blood 2.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

What about this Blood project thats in progress btw?
LucasGodzilla

Post by LucasGodzilla »

I actually could use a converter for Blood 2 models too. I have the files, I just need a converter
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

And you've bumped a three year old thread to say that.
LucasGodzilla

Post by LucasGodzilla »

wildweasel wrote:And you've bumped a three year old thread to say that.
It was worth a shot, maybe someone figured it out there by now.
TheMistress

Post by TheMistress »

LucasGodzilla wrote:
wildweasel wrote:And you've bumped a three year old thread to say that.
It was worth a shot, maybe someone figured it out there by now.
You could have PM'd them couldn't you?

Return to “Resources”