[Project] Zero's Resources - NEW!: Quarantine 2 & More!

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
XutaWoo

Re: [Project] Zero's Resources - LATEST RIP: Eye of the Beholder

Post by XutaWoo »

I get warez, and I don't know what those links linked to, but why is abandonware not allowed? Because of misconceptions in what actually counts as abandonware?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

XutaWoo wrote:I get warez, and I don't know what those links linked to, but why is abandonware not allowed? Because of misconceptions in what actually counts as abandonware?
Because some of these games are probably still being sold by third-party retailers. Granted, I didn't look into that very exhaustively, but I nuked the links so that Randy doesn't get in trouble with his ISP over it. I'm not against abandonware. I just don't want ZDoom to "disappear".
Gez

Post by Gez »

XutaWoo wrote:why is abandonware not allowed?
"Abandonware" has no legal meaning or existence.
Zero X. Diamond

[Texture] Blood 2 Resources

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

Just figured I'd pop in and release something I've had laying around for a while now and have been too lazy to release (in my defense, I had to delete like 2,000+ WAV files and I blanked on an easy way to do so...) since I've been sort of lacking in the completed rips department lately. This time we've got a seldom ripped sequel to an incredibly oft ripped cult classic. You may have heard of it; it's a little game called...

The black sheep of the short lived Blood series, Blood 2: The Chosen takes place a millennium after the original game, thrusting Caleb from the 1920s into the 2020s, wherein the fiendish cult of the Cabal has become an internationally recognized corporation known as CabalCo, led by the insidious Gideon. It's a world where magic and science coexist, but only the strong possess them. Unfortunately, the game was rushed out of the door before it was 100% complete and, as such, is thought by many to be rather lacking. While it did lack some of the grit and charm of the original, Blood 2 was still a pretty strong game (in this writer's opinion) and is well worth a look. It also was packed full of proprietary formats and redundant filetypes. As such, no models are included (since nobody can figure out how to convert them to a usable format) and neither is the music (since it's in some strange archaic MOD-like format that basically assigns bits of music to a MIDI-like structure...). However, what is here includes:
  • Title screen, menus + HUD
  • 3,453 textures (including some skins that will need to be cut apart for ZDoom use)
  • 2,394 sounds
I may upload a preview of the actual textures soon, but I really do not feel like putting together a collage right now... just suffice it to say that the textures are pretty excellent. Download link is below. Unlike my previous releases, this is a RAR file. If you don't know what that is, you are dumb and don't belong on the internet. But no, really, if you don't go grab a copy of WinRAR and that'll let you extract the files. It was a lot of data and I needed a better compression rate (also I wasn't thinking).

Download: Blood 2 Resources
Last edited by Zero X. Diamond on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.+:icytux:+.

Re: [Project] Zero's Resources - LATEST RIP: Blood 2: The Chosen

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

Thank you :D I've allways wanted the Blood 2 Sounds. will most probably use voice acting from there.
Zero X. Diamond

[Sprites] Shadow Warrior Add-on Extravaganza!!

Two months have passed since this thread and I last crossed paths. Two months without a rip release. That all changes now. For the first time in quite a while, I'm pleased to post another rip for your enjoyment. In fact, I'm so excited about it that I've gone absolutely CRAAAAAAZY and I'm passing the savings on to you! For the first time ever, you'll get three for the price of one! How do I do it? VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME!

First up we've got a rip of the ill-fated formerly commercial Shadow Warrior add-on Twin Dragon by Wylde Productions and Level Infinity. Twin Dragon reveals that Lo Wang had a twin brother (with an equally Freudian name) whom he was separated from at birth. While Lo Wang went down the path of righteousness and ass-kicking, Hung Lo followed the path of evil. Now he has returned, and using the creatures of the "dark side," the criminal underground and the remnants of Zilla's empire he plans to conquer the world! Unfortunately for the developers, all three of the official Shadow Warrior add-on packs were canned as they had been in development prior to SW's release in anticipation of sales much higher than they actually ended up being. In the case of Twin Dragon, the developers were simply told not to work on it without any further explanation and never even received the rest of their pay. After a bit of a fight, they managed to acquire the rights and proceeded to release it for free on July 4th, 1998.

This pack includes:
  • 1 enemy (Hung Lo)
  • 12 sprites
  • 197 textures
  • 59 sounds
Download: Twin Dragon Resources

Next up is the second of three commercial add-on packs, and the latter of the two that have been released to the public. (The third, Deadly Kiss, is nearly impossible to even confirm existed.) This add-on, Wanton Destruction by Sunstorm Interactive, is intended as a direct sequel to the happenings of the original Shadow Warrior. After defeating Zilla, Lo Wang heads to America to visit with his family. But wherever Lo Wang goes, trouble seems to follow, and he winds up having to fight his way through a whole new onslaught and take on Zilla once again! Wanton Destruction met a similar fate to Twin Dragon, only instead of the developers releasing it within a year or two of calling it quits, it ended up going into storage and being lost. After four maps from the project were sent to 3D Realms by a former team member, the company's former president managed to dig it out of storage in 2005, whereafter it was released as freeware.

This pack includes:
  • 2 enemies + 2 anime babes
  • 15 sprites
  • 34 textures
  • 48 sounds
Download: Wanton Destruction Resources

Last and certainly not least, we have a non-commercial add-on pack in lieu of the unreleased Deadly Kiss. The Last Warrior, created by the defunct dev team Inferno Interactive, is pretty much a magnum opus in terms of Shadow Warrior add-ons; it's the only one to feature 100% new weapons. And by 100% new, I don't mean borrowed from other games or TCs, I mean that they were actually made from scratch by the team involved. Created by a team of kids (seriously--their oldest member was 18 by the time they were developing their second and ultimately final project) thirteen years ago or so, I really don't have much of an idea what Last Warrior is supposed to be about. I did happen to bump into one of the game's mappers/artists on Something Awful, and he told me that it was totally cool to release their assets, so here we are with those!

This pack includes:
  • Title screen + misc. HUD bits
  • 3 enemies
  • 11 weapons
  • 35 sprites
  • 281 textures
  • 38 sounds
Download: Last Warrior Resources
Last edited by Zero X. Diamond on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neoworm

Re: [Project] Zero's Resources - LATEST RIP: Shadow Warrior

Post by neoworm »

Last Warrior TC? Its first I even hear that it exists. I have the rest of the add-ons and I even ripped some of their resources myself but never used anything.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

now thats got a nice fuckin' galil
Recurracy

Post by Recurracy »

I'm probably using some stuff from that pack, thanks alot! :D
Zero X. Diamond

[POLL] ZXD's Next Rip Project - YOU DECIDE!

Well, this thread hasn't seen the light of day in a while, so I figured, hey, let's spice things up a little bit. I've recently rediscovered a handful of unfinished rips I have laying around as well as discovering the graphics and palette data for several more games that I hadn't known the locations of before. Instead of trying to figure out which I should get through with next I figured, hey, why not let the forum decide? So below are your choices with what I am capable of extracting from them. I can clarify what the games are about if anyone wants to know the motif of any given option or what have you.

1.) Carmageddon - Sprites, Textures and Sounds
2.) Defcon 5 - Sprites and Textures
3.) Necrodome - Sprites, Textures(?) and Sounds
4.) No One Lives Forever - Textures and Sounds
5.) Quiver - Sprites and Textures
6.) Shogo: Mobile Armor Division - Textures and Sounds
7.) TUBE - Textures and Sprites
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [Project] Zero's Resources - NEXT RIP: Help me decide!

Post by wildweasel »

I've never heard of TUBE or Defcon 5 - I'd be interested in seeing what those have to offer.
Jblade

Post by Jblade »

Having all the enemies to Necrodome would be fantastic; I'm sure I've seen that there's more human enemies than the ponytailed guy that's been posted here before.
ZDG

Post by ZDG »

wildweasel wrote:I've never heard of TUBE
I just took a look at wikipedia, and it says it's a freeware game by Bullfrog.
Here's a screenie:
Last edited by Siggi on Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed the image
Gez

Post by Gez »

Link to the page, rather than hotlink images!

Or at least rehost it on something like ImageShack.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I would say Necrodome, as this one is the most appealing .To me anyways.

Return to “Resources”