[Project] Zero's Resources - NEW!: Quarantine 2 & More!

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Zero X. Diamond

[Sprite] Terminator Rampage Resource

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

Sorry it took so much longer than an hour; I paused for a bit to try and help Tormentor667 with some Blood 2 models. Then I realized that I still had to split up the textures from the big sheets WinArena exported them onto and that took me nearly four hours to do. 358 cut and pasted textures later, though, and I finally see the top of the mountain. Finally, every resource worth having has been ripped from Terminator Rampage. With the additions of the compressed stuff (plus a bonus resource that I ripped from one of the FLI cutscenes), the totals come out as follows:
  • 7 enemies
  • 8 weapons
  • 1,028 sprites
  • 754 textures
  • 77 sounds
  • 14 songs
  • BONUS!: Car(t) driving HUD
You'll excuse me if I don't add any new demo collages for the update, but I'm incredibly sick of cutting and pasting images right now. Instead, just download the pack (again if you already have it) and have a look for yourself. Maybe it's not all particularly great, but I think most of it is good and it's got a lot of potential in the hands of some of the talented people I've seen around here.

Speaking of, I'm going to edit the OP to reflect this, but I have a small request: if you use any of these rips, I'd like to know about it so that I can see my hard work in use. Not a requirement, but it'd sure make me feel good.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Re: [Project] Zero's Resources

Post by chronoteeth »

Those gun sprites are fuggo to the max, but I'm not gonna lie, they got a quaint coolness to them.
Zero X. Diamond

[Sprite] Tunnels of Armageddon & Corridor 8 Resources

I dunno, I think most of them are pretty good. The M30 could fly as a Doom weapon with just a swap for Doomguy hands and the rest of them could look pretty snappy if somebody with talent touched them up. Then again, maybe I'm biased because I spent nearly three days straight trying to rip all the stuff from it. :P But at any rate, I'm at least glad that somebody said something, because now I don't have to double post in order to bring you a double dose of rips! Yes, that's right, I've got even more for you. Two for the price of one!

Now, it's not a lot. The first rip is from a game from 1990 that was ported to the PC from the Commodore Amiga called Tunnels of Armageddon. Designed by Logical Design Works and published by California Dreams, it was a first person driving/shooting game wherein you play Earth's finest pilot who must fly through a series of tunnels to reach a bomb that aliens planted deep within the planet's crust. The actual gameplay leaves something to be desired in that it is boring as hell and I continually had no idea what I was doing or where I was going. However, the SVGA graphics are pretty impressive and were just out in the open in the game's install folder, albeit in a somewhat exotic format. They're not your standard Doom fare, but I think with a little modification they'd be great for some sort of vehicle based segment for a ZDoom mod. I included all of the graphics even though there's not much call for a California Dreams logo in ZDoom... the zip file only came out to about 94kb so I figured the whole shebang was in order. Preview and download link below.

Download: Tunnels of Armageddon Resources

The second rip is from a dreadfully incomplete sequel from a dreadfully incompetent video game company. Last actively worked on in October of 1996, Corridor 8: Galactic Wars was to be the sequel to the Wolfenstein 3D engine sci-fi game Corridor 7. Built on a customized version of Duke Nukem 3D's BUILD engine, Corridor 8 actually shows some interesting gameplay premises within the little amount of working code that was released with the unfinished build. Too bad that Intracorp, Capstone's parent company, went out of business; it could have actually been Capstone's first decent game. At any rate, this bankruptcy shelved the game until 2005, when a former employee released the prototype to a diehard fan of the prequel. What actually is there for the game is a fairly scant amount of graphics (including some "borrowed" ones that you may recognize ;)) but also includes a couple of original weapons and a number of big, nice looking textures that'd be right at home in a techbase kind of environment. Once again, preview and download link below.

Download: Corridor 8: Galactic Wars Resources

That's all for now; hopefully I'll have another complete rip for you all soon!
Last edited by Zero X. Diamond on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
chronoteeth

Post by chronoteeth »

M30? It looks like a sawn off shotty sawned off straight to the pump
Zero X. Diamond

Okay, okay, call off your dogs...
chronoteeth

Post by chronoteeth »

No, I mean, I dont know what it is ;[
Zero X. Diamond

Oh, the M30? It's a grenade launcher.

As for the quality, hey, at least they're not Operation: Body Count sprites! :puke:
Captain Awesome

Post by Captain Awesome »

Some interesting and useful stuff there, thanks man! :D

The Corridor 8 stuff is interesting to me, I've never been able to view the art. Thanks, even though most of it is rather meh.
Zero X. Diamond

[Texture] Perdition's Gate & Hell To Pay Resources

Well, it's a new year. And what better way to kick it off than to give some more back to the community? This time I've got something pretty interesting for you. It's two rips in one, but they're both closely related in that they're both by the same company and both were for the Doom engine, yet not a whole lot of people have really heard of or played them as far as I understand; I know that I'd never heard of either until I stumbled across them by accident while browsing the Doom Wiki two or three months ago. If that's not tipping you off, I'm posting a complete rip of Wraith Corporation's commercial Doom 2 PWADs "Perdition's Gate" and "Hell To Pay." Though the latter is a "limited release" version (i.e. a demo), it was still 14 levels long and as such contained a pretty fair amount of resources. Both feature completely new music, many new textures, and a handful of new sounds, but Hell To Pay also featured some new enemies and weapons. Below is once again a list of contents for both rips:

Perdition's Gate
  • Title, intermission, and game win screens
  • New in-game font
  • 191 patches
  • 48 floors
  • 34 MIDIs (including repeated songs)
  • 3 sounds
Hell To Pay
  • Title, intermission, and game win screens
  • New in-game font
  • 6 enemies
  • 2 weapons
  • 6 static sprites
  • 244 patches
  • 73 floors
  • 17 MIDIs (including repeated songs)
  • 20 sounds
Below is a collage of resources with a link to the download beneath it. Both resources are included in one large ZIP file for convenience.

Download: Perdition's Gate & Hell To Pay Resources

Keep on watching this thread; there's even more on the way! Oh, and happy new year and all that jazz, too.
Recurracy

Post by Recurracy »

Wow, haha, some of those original textures are hilariously bad :lol:
I still give you a hat's off for ripping it all, though, nice job.
Zero X. Diamond

[Sprite] LameDuke Resources

Here's a new one that some of you may be somewhat familiar with; I know I've seen the RPG used a handful of times here and there. I'm talking about LameDuke, the 1994 pre-release version of Duke Nukem 3D from back when it was still supposed to be a direct sequel to Duke Nukem II. The game was radically different in terms of setting, pitting Duke against robots and humanoid alien soldiers and giving him a more futuristic array of weaponry featuring laser sights and laser guns. Some of the effects were actually more impressive to look at than in the final product. The jetpack actually put out a stream of fire, as did the RPG rounds when fired. Walls exploding moved a bit more smoothly, and on at least one occasion I watched an alien soldier jump out from behind one as it caved in! Apart from these aesthetic and gameplay differences, there was also a number of unused resources within the game's data. For example, see if you can't spy what appears to be an earlier version of our hero himself face planting in the image collage featured further down in this post!

What's special about this rip compared to other LameDuke content rips is that this uses LameDuke's palette as opposed to Duke Nukem 3D's. The interesting thing to note here is that the two palettes, while entirely compatible (the graphics won't look like puke if you load them in either one), are not identical. LameDuke's colors are generally darker than Duke's, especially the shades of blue. Most of the rips I've seen from LameDuke didn't seem to take this into account and left you with some somewhat washed out looking images compared to how they actually rendered in-game. Just in case anyone is interested, here's a side by side comparison (Duke on the left, LameDuke on the right):

Image Image

Anyhow, enough of my jabbering. Featured in this rip:
  • Title screen, HUD + menu graphics
  • 2 complete fonts
  • 8 enemies + LameDuke Duke Nukem
  • 5 weapons
  • 250 sprites
  • 462 textures
  • 6 skies
  • 37 sounds
  • 3 songs (and one repeat)
Samples:

Download: LameDuke Resources

Keep on watching! I've got another major rip project making headway slowly but surely... hopefully that'll finally be the next one out!
Last edited by Zero X. Diamond on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SyntherAugustus

Re: [Project] Zero's Resources - LATEST RIP: LameDuke

Post by SyntherAugustus »

This stuff is really neat. It's cool to see the lameduke stuff again.
Zero X. Diamond

[Sprites] Powerslave Resources

It's been a while, huh? Well, I'm back, and I've brought with a full rip of something you may well recognize. The weapons from this rip have already been used a couple of times in a number of things, particularly the grenades and the M60. If that didn't tip you off, well, you probably don't realize that I'm talking about Powerslave. Known as Exhumed in Europe, Powerslave was a Sega Saturn/Playstation FPS in the same vein as Doom or Duke Nukem 3D. You play as the only surviving member of a special forces unit sent in to investigate the hostile takeover of a valley near Karnak, Egypt, facing off against everything from mummies to women with the heads of lions to giant weird scorpion things with mouths on their crotches. That's all fine and well, but what Wikipedia won't tell you is that the game contains some of the most graphic gore of the sprite based FPS era; for example, when you die from catching on fire, your arm falls down in front of you in the first person view, blackened and charred with exposed muscle tissue and bones. There's also a plethora of T&A--look it up if you don't know what I'm talking about. Needless to say, I was really caught off guard by that. But anyhow, it's a pretty large library of graphics, most of which I haven't seen used in a Doom setting before. A complete list is as follows:
  • Two title screens (one for both titles), HUD + menu graphics
  • 10 overworld maps + company logos
  • A complete font
  • 15 enemies + Powerslave player
  • 8 weapons + death arms
  • 458 sprites
  • 472 textures
  • 6 skies
  • 417 sounds
Below is a sampler of the sprites (no texture sampler this time because I'm feeling a little lazy) and a download link.

Download: Powerslave Resources
Last edited by Zero X. Diamond on Thu May 29, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Enjay

Re: [Project] Zero's Resources - LATEST RIP: Powerslave

Post by Enjay »

Another good resource, thank you. :)

I don't suppose you'd have any way of ripping the wall graphics from the Eye of the Beholder games would you? XWE can read the data files for these games and can rip sprites and wall decorations (such as doors, alcoves, switches) but the basic wall textures eluded Csabo when he put support for the game into XWE.
Zero X. Diamond

Re: [Project] Zero's Resources - LATEST RIP: Powerslave

I'll have a look around for some way to do it, but I can't make any promises. After all, on the first page I said I thought I had a breakthrough with Last Rites and notice how there aren't any Last Rites resources posted in this thread yet. :P

If you want to increase your chances of my finding some convoluted way of getting everything out of it, does it by chance run on the same engine as any other games?

Return to “Resources”