[Project] Zero's Resources - NEW!: Quarantine 2 & More!

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Big C

Re: [Project] Zero's Resources - NEW!: Forbes Corporate Warr

Post by Big C »

I just looked through the resources, and...My God. This stuff is more of a drug trip than PO'ed. :P Seriously, an FPS with a supply/demand mechanic?

This is...Special. In all the wrong ways.
oODemonologistOo

Re: [Project] Zero's Resources - NEW!: Forbes Corporate Warr

Post by oODemonologistOo »

Hi, I have a request. Can you try to rip the game Firestarter's sound effects ? I tried myself but to no avail.
Zero X. Diamond

Re: [Project] Zero's Resources - NEW!: Quarantine

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

Hey, who's the asshole who bumped a thread from two years ago? Why, I'm going to come in here and make my snarkiest possible comment, possibly posting a tired image macro or Youtube video along with it! Oh, wait, this is my thread and I'm the one who's bumping it right now. Nevermind, carry on.

Why am I bumping this thread, you ask? It is, after all, a thread of dead links and broken promises. Well, today's your lucky day because one of my oldest desires has been fulfilled. Truth be told, I actually managed to crack the format and rip them months ago, but I've been greedily sitting on them out of hopes I'd get to reveal them in a much cooler way than just posting the resources. Was actually working on a map that kind of paid homage to them (and also Deus Ex). Whatever the case, I've been guilted into releasing them, and hopefully this will be a big thing for the Doom community. I'm talking about a full rip of the resources of Quarantine.

Yes, Quarantine, a first-person action driving and shooting game set in a sort of post-apocalyptic city that was walled up to keep criminals in, then accidentally made a city of madmen after a botched test of a drug to cure their tendencies. You play as Drake Edgewater, a cab driver trapped in Kemo City who's just trying to make an honest living--which is more than can be said about a number of his fares! The game was largely about picking up and dropping off fares who may or may not be sane or worth keeping around while blowing up other vehicles and killing insane pedestrians who take pot shots at you with guns and molotovs, but later on you start picking up missions and what have you. The great thing about Quarantine is that the graphics are of a style that fits well with Doom and they're of a size that fits pretty well. What this means for modders: among tons of fresh static objects and textures, plenty of pedestrian sprites and even more car sprites. Granted, the pedestrians are all red-eyed and wearing gas masks and the cars are hovercars, but that's nothing a little bit of editing wouldn't fix.

I'd give you the info on how much of everything this contains, but honestly, it's a hell of a lot more than I'm willing to sit down and count out. Instead, have these nice previews!
pedwalk.gif
pedwalk.gif (2.85 KiB) Viewed 1821 times
hovercarspin.gif
hovercarspin.gif (22.09 KiB) Viewed 1821 times
Download: Quarantine Resources

By the by, I'll see about getting the rest of the links and images in this thread back into working order.
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Zero X. Diamond wrote:Hey, who's the asshole who bumped a thread from two years ago? Why, I'm going to come in here and make my snarkiest possible comment, possibly posting a tired image macro or Youtube video along with it! Oh, wait, this is my thread and I'm the one who's bumping it right now. Nevermind, carry on.

Why am I bumping this thread, you ask? It is, after all, a thread of dead links and broken promises. Well, today's your lucky day because one of my oldest desires has been fulfilled. Truth be told, I actually managed to crack the format and rip them months ago, but I've been greedily sitting on them out of hopes I'd get to reveal them in a much cooler way than just posting the resources. Was actually working on a map that kind of paid homage to them (and also Deus Ex). Whatever the case, I've been guilted into releasing them, and hopefully this will be a big thing for the Doom community. I'm talking about a full rip of the resources of Quarantine.

Yes, Quarantine, a first-person action driving and shooting game set in a sort of post-apocalyptic city that was walled up to keep criminals in, then accidentally made a city of madmen after a botched test of a drug to cure their tendencies. You play as Drake Edgewater, a cab driver trapped in Kemo City who's just trying to make an honest living--which is more than can be said about a number of his fares! The game was largely about picking up and dropping off fares who may or may not be sane or worth keeping around while blowing up other vehicles and killing insane pedestrians who take pot shots at you with guns and molotovs, but later on you start picking up missions and what have you. The great thing about Quarantine is that the graphics are of a style that fits well with Doom and they're of a size that fits pretty well. What this means for modders: among tons of fresh static objects and textures, plenty of pedestrian sprites and even more car sprites. Granted, the pedestrians are all red-eyed and wearing gas masks and the cars are hovercars, but that's nothing a little bit of editing wouldn't fix.

I'd give you the info on how much of everything this contains, but honestly, it's a hell of a lot more than I'm willing to sit down and count out. Instead, have these nice previews!
pedwalk.gif
hovercarspin.gif
Download: Quarantine Resources

By the by, I'll see about getting the rest of the links and images in this thread back into working order.
Holy shit, I thought I'd never see the day. These will prove useful as hell.

Great job, too; if the process is still anything like the one you described when i first requested this a long time ago, this must have been a major pain in the ass.
Zero X. Diamond

The process was actually pretty easy. Once I finally found the elusive palettes and cracked the (pretty simple) .IMG format, I just phoned in a favor from a guy I know and had him make an extractor.
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

I found some pretty nice lamps there
Mr.Green

Post by Mr.Green »

Could you refresh the Blood 2 link? :3:
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Those quarantine resources are pretty neat. I like the pedestrians/civvies. It's a shame that they aren't particularly doom-like in appearance but they will still come in handy. Funny how just about everything in the game seems to use that greeny-cyan range of colours - cars, clothes, walls... :lol:
Zero X. Diamond

The bluish color is actually akin to Doom's green range--it's used to be translated in-game to various different colors. I actually have a palette set up that can swap the bluish range for Doom's green colors for just such a usage.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Ah, that makes sense. I remember reading about colour translations (I don't know if they were called that back then) and how they were going to be used in Doom to create additional variety of things in game. As we know, when it came down to it, only the players were given translations and you only saw them if you played multiplayer (which wasn't as easy to do in '93/'94). It looks like Quarantine made more extensive use of translations than Doom.
RV-007

Post by RV-007 »

Cool, now I can make a spacey Twisted Metal game (w/ basic A.I.). A lot of vehicles too. I really ought to get a ride function like in GTA.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Words cannot describe how thankful I am :)
Urban Space Cowboy

Post by Urban Space Cowboy »

Zero X. Diamond wrote:Once I finally found the elusive palettes and cracked the (pretty simple) .IMG format
Excellent. Have any dox of the file formats to share with the rest of us?
Zero X. Diamond

Not that there's really much use for it since it's already right here, but I guess I can put it out there for historical purposes:

Quarantine's .IMG format is a simple package of uncompressed image data. The file format starts with a single byte representing the number of images within, followed immediately by another two bytes which determine the X and Y size of the sprite immediately following. Then there is image data, followed by the two byte header of the next image. Palettes are stored within the *FLOOR.IMG files at 0xD, three bytes per color, RGB color order and they are little endian. And that's it, really.
X-DOOM

Re: [Sprites] Shadow Warrior Add-on Extravaganza!!

Post by X-DOOM »

Zero X. Diamond wrote: Download: Twin Dragon Resources
Download: Wanton Destruction Resources
Download: Last Warrior Resources
Download: Blood 2 Resources
some dead link here, can you re-upload?

Return to “Resources”