[Skies]Copy/paste Tallified skies, Google sky

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
phi108

[Skies]Copy/paste Tallified skies, Google sky

Post by phi108 »

Through the last couple years of playing wads in ZDoom, I just felt like I needed to raise the heights of skies in wads. I did copy/paste or a gradient or put something that fit in above and smoothed the transition.

Lately, I've just used ZDoom's sky stretching, because editing the skies ruins the "surprise", and is too much work for one quick playthrough.

But here are some skies I did if anyone is interested. You'll probably recognise them. I only get credit for the top 100 pixels, and even that is sometimes copy/paste.

These 9 skies are 228 pixels tall (in ZDoom, the base is at the vanilla sky bottom location, and the top is at the edge of freelook visibility)

http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... hatall.zip

Last edited by phi108 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
scalliano

Re: [Skies] 9 Copy/paste Tallified skies

Post by scalliano »

Aww, RESULT! At last some tall TNT skies! Good job!
phi108

Re: [Skies] 9 Copy/paste Tallified skies

Post by phi108 »

I re-uploaded the zip of skies to Drdteam: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/file ... hatall.zip.
EDIT: Yuck, looking at the skies that I pasted on top, especially the TNT one, the starfield noticeably repeats. I guess it should be moved over a bit or professionally edited.

And since I already have a skies thread here, I'll post my ripped google Hubble anniversary sky. The Earth is NOT done in this edit, some of the "Google" g letter and part of the telescope are in the way. That's beyond my copy/paste skills. And you may be able to adjust it to look good in the Doom palette, or you may want to just leave it as a PNG so it looks best in GZDoom.

Major thanks to all google logo artists for their work in making web searches that much more IN SPAAAACE!

Here are the source images:

here are my edits, the earth cut out and the earth pasted on stars, and the source google image with letters cut out, in case anyone wants to reconstruct the more detailed original background of the earth image:

Ceeb

Re: [Skies]Copy/paste Tallified skies, Google sky

Post by Ceeb »

Hahah, that one that looks like a set of eyes is balls out. I wanna use it. :D

Return to “Resources”