Resource Bookmarks

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Resource Bookmarks

Post by Armaetus »

Not sure if this was listed but has http://www.laurasmidiheaven.com been considered for the resource list?

Edit: Just a parked website now. A shame, it had a lot of original MIDIs on it.
Last edited by Armaetus on Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gez

Post by Gez »

There are some [wiki=Music_format#External_Links]music resource links here[/wiki].
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Gez, you may want to remove LaurasMidiHeaven from the external links for that page now.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Following a link from the Duke4 forums, I arrived at this site:

http://wolfmap.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 0b32bbee35

It's a thread that has conversions of a number of models from a variety of games to the MD3 format (making adapting them to GZDoom relatively easy).

The forum is in Russian but it's pretty clear what it's all about even if you don't speak Russian. Most of the models have preview pictures and the "DOWNLOAD" links are obvious.

The range of models includes statues from TES games, WWII tanks and artillery, industrial machinery, other vehicles, food and various bits and pieces. They are almost all non-animated map objects (the exceptions being animated dragon flies and butterflies IIRC).

To download the models you need to log in to 4shared (either via facebook, google+ or with your own 4shared account) but the downloads check out and there is some nice stuff there. Some of the models seem to be from games that support higher poly counts than the MD3 format. I say that because a few of the models have been broken up into separate sub-models. However, GZDoom can handle that just fine by using multiple models per actor anyway.

I think that I have managed to download all the files and if anyone can suggest somewhere sensible to upload them, I can do so. A zip of them all comes to 36MB. This would be a more convenient way to get them than visiting every single link (like I did), waiting 20 seconds and then downloading and extracting.

As ever, I recommend Noesis for a nice quick way to browse and view the models.

http://www.richwhitehouse.com/index.php ... hp#prjmp91
Nash

Post by Nash »

Enjay, drop me a PM with a temporary link to the 36 MB package and I'll put it on my Dropbox!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

OK, sent. I squeezed it a bit more by putting it into a 7z file. That knocked almost another 10MB off the size. :shock:

Thanks for hosting it. :)
Nash

Post by Nash »

Converted models from Wolfmap.ru

Model pack found by Enjay on the Russian Wolfmap.ru site.

(It's that time of the year again for first post maintenance... but I'll do that later! Gotta have dinner first)
ETTiNGRiNDER

Post by ETTiNGRiNDER »

Pixabay stock images - could be useful for making textures.
TheBadHustlex

Post by TheBadHustlex »

Somehow, when I download the zipfile from lvlworld, nothing let's me open it. Not WinRar, not the regular explorer, not 7Zip... It always says that the file is damaged.
Does that happen to someone else than me? I'd really like to have those skyboxes, they seem to be extremely useful...
everamzah

Post by everamzah »

Worked for me. The download may have timed out as it's a big file, so you could try again a few times. For reference, the md5sum for the 466M file "q3sky.zip" is bd682615176e64a6d9bdd67d776b05fe
everamzah

Post by everamzah »

For the BMF fonts link in the first thread, I've compiled bmf.pk3 (5M) so you may easily browse through them in SLADE.

This may be Not Cool because there's no crediting of authors here. Best to reference the file on bmf.wz.cz so you can get the info.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

I don't know where to post this, but there is a pretty sweet game on steam called gun disassembly where you can take apart guns and put them together, and even shoot them. The game would be great to screenshot and rip to doom.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Not really a bookmark because many of the sites that host this are blocked from work so I can't check the URLs. However, the WWII game "Hidden and Dangerous" is available for free download. I grabbed it last night and found that 7zip could open most of the resource files (right click the file, 7zip, open with 7zip - using the default context menu installed with 7zip) and there were a number of graphics and sounds in there that were easily readable and possibly useful.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Some of the links are dead. Just went all up to the models.

"http://stilgar.bplaced.de/"

"http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/texture_colour/ (submitted by Enjay)"

"http://www.gfx-3d-model.com/"
ETTiNGRiNDER

Post by ETTiNGRiNDER »

The midimelody.ru site seems to be down as well. Shame as it seemed like a pretty good site. :cry:

Edit: Seems like it was gone only temporarily, thankfully.
Last edited by ETTiNGRiNDER on Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Resources”