[Various] Wheel of Time resources

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
alien8

[Various] Wheel of Time resources

Post by alien8 »

I've spent some time exporting both textures and audio files from one of the best games that nobody played - Wheel of Time. The audio files are semi-sorted into Male, Female, Ambient, and Enemies. The Male and Female sounds are further sorted into pain, death, jump, taunt, and misc categories. There are some really great ambient sounds - birds, fire, stone, metal, and water among others. Get 'em from here:

Wheel of Time wav pack (7z compression, 50MB) - hosted on DRDTeam File Share

The textures, though, are what really shine. The Wheel of Time dev team had some of the best artists around at the time, and their work on this game really shows it. Some examples:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

All of the textures are completely untouched (with the exception of being converted to zero compression png), and so will likely require a bit of work yet for those who want to use them - resizing and applying transparencies where applicable will definitely need to be done. I'd really love to see some of the community's talented artists and level designers have their way with these. There's lots of marble, stone, grass, rock, and wood textures here - the possibilities are almost endless! Here's the link:

Wheel of Time texture pack (7z compression, 39MB) - hosted on DRDTeam File Share

If anyone uses them, please let me know - I'd really like to see what others make of these.

Edit: Changed file hosting
Last edited by alien8 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Enjay

Re: [Resource] Wheel of Time

Post by Enjay »

Sounds like it should be a good resource. I'll DL it when I get home. Sendspace is blocked at work.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

This is very nice. I played Wheel of Time years ago and it was a lot of fun, although it wasn't without its problems. That said, it had gorgeous level and art design, which is really coming through in the preview shots.
alien8

Post by alien8 »

I just finished cleaning up model rips of keys used throughout the game and some associated HUD elements. They're attached to this post.

Fake edit: I had to apply 7z compression for them to fit int he 256KB attachment limit.
Attachments
sprites.7z
4 key models and associated HUD elements.
(241.67 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

I'm going to take a look at these when I can! The previews look VERY promising!

Return to “Resources”