[Resource] Obscure Games & Acknex Resources *REUPLOAD*

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Snarboo

Re: [Resource] Obscure Games & Acknex Resources *REUPLOAD*

Post by Snarboo »

A few people have been asking about this over the past couple years, so after digging through my hard drives and cloud storage, I'm proud to announce that all the obscure game resources in the original post are re-uploaded! :D The only exceptions are games with better resources available from others, which I've now linked to in place of the originals. I'm also going to be merging the old Acknex Engine resource thread with this one over the next few weeks.

If anyone has recommendations for permanent or semi-permanent file hosts, please let me know! I'm slowly running out of space on Google drive, and I don't want these files to become unavailable again.

Edit:
Weasel dug up an old, incomplete weapon and sound rip of Z.A.R., which has been added to the first post!
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

I am curious, was anybody able to rip anything from Magic Carpet games from Bullfrog?
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Sadly no, not that I'm aware of. An earlier post in the thread said it uses file formats similar to other Bullfrog games, but it looks like you already tried using them to no avail.

Edit:
A casual google search turned up these two articles on Shikadi.net:
Hi Octane
Rob Northern Compression

No clue if these will help, but it's a start!
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

I completely forgot that I already asked that... Yeah, my shallow attempts were fruitless.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

More Acknex resources have been restored, notably Swords of Virtue and Skaphander!
vananasun

Re: [Project] Obscure FPS Resources

Post by vananasun »

DrDoctor wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:52 pm Here's some stuff from Alien vs. Predator for the Atari Jaguar.

This includes
-All weapons
-Some level objects

Some notes:
-The egg sprites are missing a 5th frame, unfortunately due to how the egg behaves and that I can only use print screen to capture anything from Project Tempest (Jaguar emulator) it's incredibly difficult to get.
-The weapons have no pickup sprites, what you see in the archive are taken from the predator HUD and a computer interface screen.
-The Predator does have the shoulder cannon in game,but it never appears on screen therefore it has no sprites.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yby558
examples.png
PLEASE reupload or explain how you got this :(
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

From reading the post you've quoted, it sounds like they ripped the graphics by taking screenshots.

Return to “Resources”