[Resource] Fed up with brown?

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
CaptainToenail

Re: [Resource] Fed up with brown?

Post by CaptainToenail »

Nice stuff Enjay, but I couldn't find any weapon sounds in that bunch you uploaded, am I not looking hard enough or are they missing?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

You know, I just realised myself that the weapon sounds aren't there. :?

Hmmm... I wonder where the game stores them? I'll have a look.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

If you go into the sound browser in UnrealEd, you will find them under BotPack. Not sure where the package file itself is though. Also, unreali and unrealshare have some weapon sounds.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

OK, it seems that quite a few of the sounds are stored in .u files in the system directory. I can't guarantee this is them all but I've found 600 or so more sounds. Some may be repeats, but I think that most aren't.

http://www.zshare.net/download/149290686b369e77/

I did think that the previous package was a bit "sound lite" :lol:

Let me know if I missed any good ones and I'll try to track them down.
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

Enjay?
I love you. ;__; *Uses UT sounds.*
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

And just for good measure, here are most of the useful textures from Red Faction:

http://www.zshare.net/download/150056458b5266a3/

I would upload the sounds too but they come to something like 200MB zipped and, even though there are some very good sounds in there, I simply can't handle uploading a file of that kind of size.
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

Split them then. o.o
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

It's more the fact that it will take me between 4-6 hours to upload, and that's if my connection doesn't break at any point. It's not the size of them all together as one file that's the problem, just the massive upload time.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

OK, so I know it's not such a universal format as WAVs but converting the sounds to 8 bit mono FLAC files made them significantly smaller.

http://www.zshare.net/download/15012799b3751d4e/ 36MB

They have all been converted using the blunt edged tool of a batch convert so some may have suffered a bit in the conversion process. If anyone thinks a sound may be of use to them and that the original might sound better (many sound just the same as the original WAVs) let me know which sounds you want to know about and I'll check them for you.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

So, who wants more ripped resources?

Downer Von Loaden

Contains all the 2D art/textures and sounds from Chasm: The Rift - an interesting 3D FPS game with Quake-style graphics and a strange tile-based level format (ala, say, Wolfenstein?) that if I remember correctly didn't do very well due to coming out very close to Quake.
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

This is great stuff. Hey Enjay, would you be able to rip the textures from UT2004?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Sorry, I don't have UT 2004. I had 2003 but was very disapointed with it and therefore not motivated to buy 2004. I did look into the resources in UT 2003 but I don't have any of them sitting on my HD so there must have been some reason that I didn't rip them. From memory, with those games being "next gen", I think the textures may not have been simple graphics. You know how more-modern games have very flat looking textures and then a second funny-coloured texture used by the engine to give them depth, or maybe they are mipmapped DDS files, or maybe I'm just remembering wrong. :? Regardless, with me not having the game, it doesn't really matter anyway.

Those Chasm textures look interesting though Kinsie - downloading now. :)

[edit] And indeed they are. There is some stuff in there that is very suitable for Doom. There isn't much special about the sounds but the textures are very good. Thanks. [/edit]

[edit2] And I got the game from HotU too. It's not bad, but tends to crash a bit under XP even when running with VDMS. It does look like it justified a bit more attention that it got though. It's quite good fun.[/edit]

[edit3] OK, it's working perfectly with DOSBox. It's a fun game and the game engine is a fascinating and strange combination of technologies. [/edit3]
janiform

Post by janiform »

Chasm: The Rift is a lot of fun! It has some really atmospheric stuff and a lot of interesting features, like weather effects, dismemberment, etc. Thanks for the textures.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

UT2004 was a lot better than 2003, in that it basically WAS 2003 but with MUCH more content and polish. I did rip a bunch of sounds from it, but I don't fancy going through all the textures - I don't think they use bumpmaps, but there's probably a ton of them, and they're probably pretty big.

UT3, though? Complete and total arse.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Yeah, I'd also suggest to you Enjay: Try UT2004. It's definitely great and lives up to the original UT99, it's so much better than UT2K3 and there are by far more cool mods and addons for 2004 than for 2003 :)

Return to “Resources”