[HUDs] Weasel's Huds - One-Stop Hud Shop

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Nash

Re: Weasel's Huds - One-Stop Hud Shop

Post by Nash »

The alpha HUD doesn't look correct for users with vid_tft 1. :(
Onslaught Six

Post by Onslaught Six »

Nash wrote:The alpha HUD doesn't look correct for users with vid_tft 1. :(
What's that option do? I know it doesn't look right at my widescreen resolution.

Incidentally, though, if there was a longer "bottom" ridgey graphic, we could easily make a widescreen alpha HUD that looked good--and since it'd be widescreen, the extra space taken up on the sides wouldn't interfere with the regular view. Of course, I'd also prefer if it had a space put in for the Doom Face, because I likes me some Doom Face.

I might go ahead and make a HUD myself--just a simple one similar to the standard HUD, nothing special, but with the Doom Face down at the bottom.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Onslaught Six wrote:
Nash wrote:The alpha HUD doesn't look correct for users with vid_tft 1. :(
What's that option do?
Displays 1280x1024 (and others?) as a 5:4 resolution with square pixels (as with most TFT's that support it) rather than treat it as a 4:3 with rectangluar pixels (As with most CRT screens that support it). Appears in the set display mode menu as "Enable 5:4 aspect ratio".
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I suppose I should start putting warnings on the large HUDs that I've designed them all for 4:3 resolution only...although I play with a 5:4 monitor, I don't like using the 5:4 mode in ZDoom, as that distorts the weapon graphics.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Alpha one is neat but blocks way too much for my liking (obviously not your fault/problem though). The circle one drives me insane though.
MG_Man

Post by MG_Man »

No, I think this is a ZDoom problem actually, it shouldn't mess with 2D screen elements, just the 3D view in my opinion.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

MG_Man wrote:No, I think this is a ZDoom problem actually, it shouldn't mess with 2D screen elements, just the 3D view in my opinion.
ZDoom needs to mess with the entire screen because otherwise it'll look like Doom 95 (I.E horribly squashed).
Blzut3

Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Blzut3 »

I can explain why people are having display problems on the bars. At one point I noticed that my Hexen bar wasn't displaying the Mana bars properly (Hexen requires a 1px border to be kept from the foreground). Due to Randy's (I think) changes I saw no easy way to get the proper behavior back unless I flipped the order the graphics were rendered. The result was fine for my case but I guess it wasn't for yours. I suppose I could have it revert to Randy's behavior when the border is set to 0 (default).

Edit: Done.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Here's a very quickly thrown-together HUD that I made for lizardcommando's project - contains both normal and fullscreen variants (in fullscreen mode, the ammo bar's background doesn't show, and neither do the arms indicators).
Attachments
ww-lizardhud.zip
(3.09 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Did I totally forget to mention how awesome this HUD is? I'll be very quick to use it over the others.

Also, a request (that I'd do myself but don't want to learn at the moment)- Doom 64 HUD. It's a very simple layout- Health is on the left corner, Armor is on the right, ammo is in the middle (with no labels). Make sure Ammo and Altammo are both displayed too. Keys I believe were to the left of Armor, or to the right of Health (don't remember which).

If it's possible, I'd love to see inventory appear behind all of that in a transparent sorta way, but if not just above the regular stuff would suffice.
Skunk

Post by Skunk »

Heh... soon... Weasel will be making nothing but huds based on other games. :D

Requested huds, if possible:
Halflife
Blood
Duke Nukem 3D
Megaman
GTA3
Super Mario World
Terminator
Goldeneye 007
Strife
Legend Of Zelda OOT
Halo 3 Spartan
Wolf 3D
Skunk

Post by Skunk »

This by the way is the way I imagine the GTA3 hud might go... probably not possible, but interesting if it could be pulled off! I'm sure everything except the automap could.
DOOM0011.png
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Skunk wrote:Super Mario World
Want, if only to see how it would be done.
Skunk

Post by Skunk »

I had an idea about it actually, I might sketch that one out too.
Skunk

Post by Skunk »

DOOM0012.png
EDIT: I had to interject this... someone makes a fully functional Terminator hud and I'll supply the palette.

Return to “Resources”