Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Dulle

Re: RoE Monster Pack - Doom 3 monsters in Doom 2

Post by Dulle »

Can we still use that machinegun z-sec as base?
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

@Ghastly_Dragon: I love the third one. :D
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Unknown_Assassin wrote:@Ghastly_Dragon: I love the third one. :D
Vegeta told me it's a skin by Euronymous. I really like it, too :D.

@Dulle: I'd prefer using something with the standard Doomguy green, so I can put it through the same recolors I put the other 2 skins through. Unfortunately, it's not going to be easy finding/making a Doomguy skin with a Doom 3-style machinegun.

I'll probably use it as a base for a Special Ops ZSec, with the KDiZD rifle, if/when I get around to making a making a pack of completely new Doom 3-ish monsters (Chaingun ZSec (Not completely like the Chaingun Commando), and the Doom 3: Phobos monsters, for example).
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

I agree with Toenail; a bloody mouth (for the shotgunner) and some red lines around the trousers (for everyone) would help.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Ack, forgot to comment on that.

PrznDoom was going to do the blood on the Shotgunner's mouth, but he's taking a break from Doom editing, so that might have to wait until later (at least until my recolor's done :P). As for the red lines, that would have to be done perfectly, otherwise it might look like crap (guess which one it'd be if I tried it, myself :wink:).
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

The lines really can't be that hard.

Oh, crap; I forgot to work on that zombie head... Argh! I guess I'll do it this next weekend.
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Should it be a problem to use colorate the arms of the machinegun Z-sec same color of the shotgun Z-sec? At least for me looks like the sprite is just a grey scaled version of the DOOM marine with minor touches, and it's a lot more than that. The head of that sprites were edited by Przdoom, from that skin Euronymous (Totengott) made.
Perhaps the helmet I posted could be used for an extra Z-sec variant, like a smart Z-sec that replicates player movements or whatever.

For the chaingun Commando, I think we could use Shadow Warrior's Ninja sprites (of course we'd have to add a chaingun, but that wouldn't be much of a problem, perhaps the chaingun from one of Duke 3d's bosses)
http://www.panelmonkey.org/sprite.php?id=521&theme=3

You can get other game sprites here (look for shadow warrior, if you want others of the set)
http://www.panelmonkey.org/category.php?id=1
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

I think the machinegun variant (with the helmet you posted, Vegeta, since it looks exactly like the machinegun and shield ZSec helmet) should be more like the other ZSec variants (since none of the 4 in Doom 3 are all that special), but the grey/black sprite should definately be the smart ZSec in an add-on pack (since it looks so cool). For it's behavior, I'll give it the KDiZD rifle (one reason we don't have to change it's gun sprite :P) and use the AI-switching code from the Strogg Infiltrator from Q:NA, my greatest creation :D.
Dulle

Post by Dulle »

I start the vulgar spriting now.
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

@Vegeta(dw): We already have designs for the Commando; he's quite a few pages back, but he's lookin' pretty good!
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

I lost my computer, after updating and "removing" antivirus 2009 and restarting it...it keeps on looping to restart even when i dont enter my password...

i am boned! system recovery thingy that makes it all brand new but loose the data is under way...

Frick! after i felt better and going into editing agian SOME other S#!& happens... :lol: >:(

sorry guys,
Dulle

Post by Dulle »

By the way,has the Eriance's vulgar same sounds as Doom 3 Vulgar?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Dulle wrote:By the way,has the Eriance's vulgar same sounds as Doom 3 Vulgar?
no, i used Starcraft Devourer sounds, :lol:
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

@Eriance: Sweet avatar, dude. I should probably change the sounds, then; seeing as I used the Vulgar for my DOOM Unleashed project (I gave credit, no worries).

@PrznDoom: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! That is how you feel, isn't it? Did you lose everything? Hate it when stuff like that happens, lol.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

@Blade: I already whipped up some SndInfo and renamed the sounds for the D3 Vulgar. I'll send it all over as soon as I can.

@Eriance: I thought it sounded familiar, but I'm incredibly surprised that I never put my finger on it, considering I use Devourers all the time.

@PrznDoom: I still have the imp sprites you sent me in case anything happened. I'm really sorry to hear that you lost all that data.

Return to “Resources”