Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Vegeta(dw)

Re: RoE Monster Pack - Doom 3 monsters in Doom 2

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

That Commando kick ass. The only thing I'd touch is the head, I think the head of this guy (without the blood), would be perfect.
grapefruit66

Post by grapefruit66 »

Another great job! Gee, everytime I look at this thread I'm amazed with new stuff :)

About HK: it's being build :) I know I promised to show it last sunday, but life is starting to get... tough? I think that's the right word. Don't worry, I didn't forget about him!
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

@PrznDoom: I was just selecting, naming and organizing the Bruiser's sounds (so all I have to do is write the
Decorate and plug in the sprites, once I get them), and I noticed it has some melee sounds. Can you give it a melee animation, too, when you work on it again? Should be easy, since you're using a Baron as a base, but it should have full 8 rotations so I can flip the sprites so it alternates what arm it attacks with.

@GrapeFruit: Take your time, we all have real life stuff slowing us down, and there's no real hurry.
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

sure no prob it shouldnt be hard to make a melee 4 him..n grape...hey take your time iv also got lots of work. The imp it just needs a good leap attck base( crawl also can be in the base) death i think i got it..so anyone wants to help with that would be great'...ty Vegeta! yeah i think i got it.

which head did you use Ghaslty??
I broke my hands @ martial arts practice so this taking a long time to write. n slows down my work too lol (left hand)
but i manage to finish the pistol!

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 67#p370467
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Thanks! That Bruiser should be really fun to fight :D. I just started on the Shotgun ZSec again. It's tough to paste the head on, with my limited spriting skills, but it's coming along at a fairly good pace (I'm using the third head set, by the way). I'll try to get my little brother to edit the head a bit for the pain and death sprites.

Nice pistol :D. If ever there's a full Doom 3 remake for ZDoom, it should use Doom 2.5 resources. Sorry to hear about your hands, by the way. I dislocated my shoulder, a bit, playing frisby a few weeks ago (first time I played frisby in 2 years, and I didn't take it easy XD).
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

3rd head? cool np...dnt worry messing up ( too much) i prolly can clean up somethings but yeah keep on doing wat you doing!!

thanks..yep ppl already have doom 2.5 feeling in themsevles it would be hard to start from scratch! lol

thanks..yeah hopefully i can type better soon
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Project Shadowcat »

przndoom, you do realise that you're editing a sprite that is of double scale, right?
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

um yeah...

their isnt any other way to edit a sprite with that small and limited amount of pixel space...i mentioned that i using that method a while back.

is there a prob???

we can always scale them...
Project Shadowcat

przndoom wrote:um yeah...

their isnt any other way to edit a sprite with that small and limited amount of pixel space...i mentioned that i using that method a while back.
Yes, there is, I have been spriting for years, you just have to learn to deal with it. Sometimes a creature -- such as the Doom3 Imp -- just isn't built for a sprite and you have to find some other way to do it.
Also keep in mind that you are (under normal Doom standards) working in a limited palette.
we can always scale them...
Then you'd have to ramp up the detail on the whole thing so that it would look consistent.
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

wow im laggin on the net these days

lol

k, can you give me some advise to deal with it lol...keep in mind i can only use a cheap photo editor (photo impressions 4.0..theirs 6.7 gold..some crazy complex program lol) and the handy dandy MS Paint. I refuse to get PS cuz its kinda of a waste...like first off too many buttons and stuff (tho sometimes i wish i had it cuz it might be easier) and this is my hobby! n spending $ on it feels like a downer to me..

I have tried many ways to shade added some detail like eyes in such in to those small pixel space.

whoa now...so wait , my doom 3 imp isn't good and its crappy editing???? :S
Well there was no way i could of gotten all of the eyes the regular way...it was like the 12 commandment (11 is thou shall not divide by 0 )it wouldnt happen. i had to compromise with two 4 pair of eyes..instead of two 6 pairs... (which ghastly n toe liked it and i thought it fit so much better with the pack of "new monster with oldschool feel")..and i stuck with the X2 MS zoom...cuz the shading and placeing of the eyes hands with the right amount of fingers ( lol 1 time i put 3 fingers n 4 fingers on the otehr hand and like 12 sprites had diff # of fingers lol)

Yeah i kinda don't know where you going with this lol....i need some examples on how you "deal[ed] with it". any projects to show? that would be helpful lol
so far i havnt seen anything...

so X2 zoom isnt good at all...Um palette?? heck im less than year old on this and all i know is the color i put in matches the color i upload to the wad...lol sometimes i mess up cuz its a screen like the old d3wep....so whats this???

um, ramp??? so really the imp is that bad :S

...how would you do it then???

w00t hand is so much better ..ghastly i have 10 write ups to do lol...i waited for the last minute to do em..and my hand got smashed lol...what could go wrong, goes wrong lol... i finished 4 ..oh well...so soon for the break i'll have time to make the bruiser...ill get those monsters done all the things iv shown, i promise before i go to boot camp...cuz i dont think i can get hold of a comp and do some dooming lol and thats in 6 months or so lol..but still time is important!!!
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

przndoom wrote:um, ramp??? so really the imp is that bad :S
He means you'd have to make the entire thing more detailed so it isn't a standard-looking Doom sprite with a single high-res detail on it. Those, generally, look a little odd.

You could make it 2x size, edit it how you wanted, then size it back down and do touchups to fix what pixels got lost.
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

yeah i tried that with the d3 imp. it wasn't really pretty, but ill do that with the ones that might work ...X2 zoom on ms paint doesnt really ruin the style of it..only makes 1 pixle squre in to 4 so its easy to make things even...like the eyes postioning them was weird at 1 sample...but yeah ill start zooming them back down again if its good enough TADA!!! if not oh well....the bruiser cant be ..imp not so much..Zsec guy i havnt seen it but i think it could work or may loose the right detail...

the way i done my spritees is still doom based i havnt made those crazy 3d detail sprites like medusa..which is really good though... but not for something like this project.

w/e, i have been consistent!...lol if you havnt notice i like to to look at every detail...like the full realy 360 rotation of the imp fireball...( half way but then ghastly said the only person its gonna bother is me...lol..which is prolly true)

i don't see the point now
Project Shadowcat

przndoom wrote:i don't see the point now
Projectiles and items usually are easier to sprite because they are more "static". By the way, do not complain about having the incorrect tools, MS-Paint is my image editing tool of choice.
Sometimes, all you need is a little patience.
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

mspaint is the best pixel editor, and i think everyone spriting uses that tool.

but for making monster bases and stuff from scratch. photoshop can be helpful
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Fact: MSPaint made Virus, amongst other things :P That's how good it is.

And ontopic: I have to say, what I've seen here is quite well done. Most sprites are better quality than I could produce (which would also explain why it's been in development for so long)

Return to “Resources”