Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

Re: RoE Monster Pack - Doom 3 monsters in Doom 2

Postby CaptainToenail » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:44 am

Take the Sergeeant's head, add flames and fangs and metal bit, ta da! :)
CaptainToenail

Postby Ghastly » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:48 am

Sargeant's head is too small :(.
Ghastly
Rather ghastly
Spotlight Team

Postby Blade3327 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:36 pm

@Everyone: I think we should use a more erm, feminine head. The Sergeant is obviously not a good choice, lol.

Do any of you guys know some good base sprites for the head? The D2.5 Lost Soul is okay, but it looks too skull-ish...
Blade3327
is squealing like a little girl in the colony medlab.

Postby przndoom » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:23 pm

i dont think it maters if it a female head or not...ummm i try to find the marathon sprites but i cant...i thought it could be a resource ...

only thing i suggest is to add/edit the nose..its basicly looks the same...anything from zblood? that can be used...hmm i remember a wad that had a "doll mask" ,similar to the girl from TWISTED METAL BLACK...but i cant find it...that might help... maybe thers something from AEO.

iono try them maybe you find what you need ghast :D
przndoom
Release the hounds! Tally oh! Gentlemen, shall we proceed?

Postby Unknown_Assassin » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:54 pm

Feminine head is a bad idea because of the lack of sprites for females.
Unknown_Assassin
Bow down to the Protoss Race!!

Postby Gez » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:50 am

Unknown_Assassin wrote:Feminine head is a bad idea because of the lack of sprites for females.

To rip from, you mean?
Gez

Postby Vegeta(dw) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:35 am

It's a pitty that we actually had (in the DOOM 2.5) a lost soul with a new head made from scratch, by Nmn, an author as skilled as Vader or Eriance. It was just perfect, clearly the best monster of the pack, but we didn't save it to our hard drive as he marked that the sprite sheet he posted on imageshack was an unfinished job (there were a pair of frames that had the D3 Lost Soul sprites included in the DOOM 2.5 wads and later in the Dm3mod).
Then later he lost his sprites, and some how the link on Imageshack broke. He offered himself to do a new Lost Soul, but he was working on KDIZD and the sprites were never finished.

Ghastly, I sent you a PM with the e-mail addresses of the two real sprite artist the DOOM 2.5 team had, Kronos (author of the weapons, that are much more than just model rips, and also author of the good version of the Trite), and Nmn.
Vegeta(dw)

Postby Unknown_Assassin » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:50 pm

Gez wrote:
Unknown_Assassin wrote:Feminine head is a bad idea because of the lack of sprites for females.

To rip from, you mean?

Yes, that's what I mean.

EDIT: Well, not totally rip, but use the head as a base.
Unknown_Assassin

Postby Ghastly » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:01 pm

@Vegeta: Thanks! Hopefully, that'll get us some more help :D. I e-mailed them both, but I think Nmn disappeared a year or two ago (before I joined the forums, actually). I save every test sprite posted on here for quick reference, by the way, and just in case something happens :D.

@Gez, Blade2237 and UA: Either a male or female head would work, but the problem is that none are large enough to really work with the fire and mechanical parts.

@Everyone: I realized today, I have everything I need to remake the Shotgun ZSec:
ImageImage

What do you all think?
Ghastly
Rather ghastly
Spotlight Team

Postby Blade3327 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:16 pm

@Ghastly: The ZSec is cool, but the colorization is somewhat obvious in the shoulder pad area...

@Everyone: I won't get on the forums for about another 2 weeks or so. Just gonna let you guys know.
Blade3327
is squealing like a little girl in the colony medlab.

Postby Unknown_Assassin » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:49 am

@Ghastly_Dragon: I think the Zombie needs a touchup on his skin. It's much too human-like to be recognized as a zombie.

As for the head, perhaps you could use Sjas as a base.
Unknown_Assassin

Postby Gez » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:07 am

Ghastly_dragon wrote:@Everyone: I realized today, I have everything I need to remake the Shotgun ZSec:
ImageImage

What do you all think?

Needs a bit of blood dripping from the mouth (like the Heavy Weapons Dude) and more reddish boots (in addition to more greyish arms). Otherwise, a good fit.
Gez

Postby Ghastly » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:06 am

I reddened the boots more, darkened the shoulder pads, and cut the saturation on the arms in half. How is it now?

It still needs the mouth blood, though.
Ghastly
Rather ghastly
Spotlight Team

Postby .+:icytux:+. » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:57 am

i think it looks rather good. but i think you still need to make it more zombified. mouthblood, maybe some blood on otherplaces too.
.+:icytux:+.
Mr. Happy of the Day!

Postby przndoom » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:41 am

geez you ppl cant be satisfyed! loljk

ghastly you got it dude! its perfect, just a quick touch up here and there...i too the liberty to see how it looks like or gonna look like (though you might do a better job cuz its your vision)
zsc2a1fj5.png

saturation i think is around 50-75% so not that much ..and blood for mouth yeah iono how you want it...but i just took a shot in the dark...so the total time i spend this is basicly writing this lol ( 2 min)

EDIT: theres a lil dot on its..errm right shoulder ( our left) its buggin me! lol but yeah its fixable. yeah i think not too much detail on the armour chest ( like the lines) then it will be a bit too much..iono maybe.

what you think? ...cant wait too see what u got in stock!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
przndoom
Release the hounds! Tally oh! Gentlemen, shall we proceed?

PreviousNext

Return to Resources