Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

Re: RoE Monster Pack - Doom 3 monsters in Doom 2

Postby przndoom » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:35 pm

ty!

iv seen the video of the unused creatures and things on the limited edition D3, i like some monsters (well the pinky with its legs and weird head, i red a bio on how its born and its pretty intresting..think for your mod ghastly we can have a lvl of a pinky nesting ground or something :D ) and i got some ideas of a lost soul spawner and forgotten one...just letting yall know ( but first the real monster then the fanmade assumtion XD )

the dragon thingy..well yeah how about be a fast pace moving flying monster spawns crap like the icon of sin..and toung thing...meh leave it out, but if someone has a creative idea or something jsut put a pale version of a shotgun zombies head XD

for the tick ...well so far no1 made a good sample but i think its gonna be different in looks and acts..and for some reason i always thought that the tick is like a burrower..trite is spider from top..tick is ground and grabs you n explodes..(before i played doom3 i made that assumtion)

also to me trites are "human heads", and ticks are the martian remains or something...noticed that the soul cube face is almost like the tick...but yeah, maybe make the tick like a daddy long legs lookish compared to a regualr jumping brown spider of the trite....

i always thought how do aliens fit in Doom1 n 2 story, like the spider mastermind and its babies..maybe hell deformed the martian traitors who were had big heads or something..you plan to shine some light or theory in your mod ghastly??

also anyone read those..doom novels??? some D3 things overlap the books...though in the book it was an alien invasion not hell itself so that killed it.....but the physical features of the imp n lost soul are almost alike ..spider eyes and half machine yada yada)
przndoom
Release the hounds! Tally oh! Gentlemen, shall we proceed?

Postby Ghastly » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:05 pm

@Blade: It's not the exact same wings, but they're very close. The Death Wyvern might be the best base, since there really isn't anything else, but I agree that it'll need a lot of editing, even to the wings.

PrznDoom wrote:i red a bio on how its born and its pretty intresting..think for your mod ghastly we can have a lvl of a pinky nesting ground or something

i always thought how do aliens fit in Doom1 n 2 story, like the spider mastermind and its babies..maybe hell deformed the martian traitors who were had big heads or something..you plan to shine some light or theory in your mod ghastly??

If you mean Abyss Below, it's more like Demon Eclipse in story, only the demon's attack doesn't go through to Earth, just hits the research bases in Hell. I wasn't going to tie martians into it, just mostly Doom 1-style story progression. Not sure about the Pinky nesting ground, I haven't thought up much about the maps.
Ghastly
Rather ghastly
Spotlight Team

Postby Blade3327 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:32 am

@PrznDoom: Dude, you gotta tell me about some of those monster origins! I'd find it interesting! Good inspiration for my Doom 3 WAD I've been workin' on!

Also, I read and I own all 4 original Doom novels. The first was by far the best. The second was the second best. The third was okay, I guess. The fourth was like, "OMG! What were they thinking!?" lol.

@Ghastly: We could use (but heavily edit) the Death Wyvern's legs, neck, and body. We should probably use the Winged Imp's wings, though.
Um... any ideas on the head? We could colorize the Forgotten One's head and add some more Maledict-like detailing to it! Change the shape and overall look, slightly. What do ya think? Seems like Captain Toenail would be a good choice for the head work...
Blade3327
is squealing like a little girl in the colony medlab.

Postby przndoom » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:44 am

ahh doom 1 style storyline...sweet, hey mind if i help out on story n maybe map ideas?? i had some ideas stored deep in my C drive with story plot of stuff and map ideas and tricks n traps. but yeah is ee how you going with it..

lol google the monsters @ doom.wiki ...my ideas are a bit mash of things and same infulences i get for my art. like this freehand pinky and freehand HK..i always wanted to color it and use it for a title for a mod but never could do it

http://a428.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/im ... 1e54c3.jpg
http://a295.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/im ... 033996.jpg
przndoom

Postby Blade3327 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:45 am

That wasn't really an HK; it was Hunter Hell-Time, lol. Do you mean to help out with story and design on my WAD? 'Cause I have the maps pretty much under control. I'd just like to hear about some of those D3 monster origins...
Blade3327

Postby Ghastly » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:13 pm

@PrznDoom: I have most of the resource for the mod done, but with Q:NA and this going fairly strong, it's sort of shelved at the moment. What I meant by Doom 1 story progression was a message here and there saying what's going on.

Those drawings look really good, by the way :D.

@Blade: I think he was referring to Abyss Below.

I think the hardest part about making the Maledict would be resizing it to look larger, but without making it look simply scaled in decorate.
Ghastly
Rather ghastly
Spotlight Team

Postby przndoom » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:23 pm

1. naw helping out ghastly

2. i wanted an HK but it turned to a Hell hunter..but i reedit the final to be an HK..so i say its an HK so its an HK
http://a567.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/im ... 04bc86.jpg but yeah this is like 1 year ago i retouched it recently so yeah i gotten better with shading :P

3. yeah just doom wiki the orgins, i just got some ideas and try to solid them with the doom universe and logic on stuff..and i might like to help out ghastly on things like the tech/demon idea, how hell somehow became cyborgs n stuff..how hell came to be and the sig. of the moons + mars and their sig. with Earth..stuff like that i mean

EDIT: okay ghastly you posted first so i got that error XD... yeah i know what you mean by D1 story with the msg. im just pondering on the background of the whole story n levels and things happen..maybe later i should pm you about things......

on imp i found a perfect sprite on the leap....the hexen ghost or phantom...you know in neodoom the red ghost that kill everything..yeah recolor re edit and thats basicly the frontal part XD..i got the getting down to leap/crawl, but now im kinda think what to do with the pain and death sprites...

a copy of an imp :3 http://a335.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/im ... 3bdd36.jpg

ty ghastly

oh btw, lets not deal with the bosses yet..lets go small to big
przndoom

Postby Ghastly » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:09 pm

przndoom wrote:oh btw, lets not deal with the bosses yet..lets go small to big

Meh, let's finish what monsters are being worked on now, then move on to more monsters. The Hell Hunters, once the Hell Knight is done, would be pretty easy to make, by the way.

If you guys are still trying to work out a design for the Hell Knight, the Baron Of Hell seems like a very good base. The head needs a lot of editing, though.
Ghastly
Rather ghastly
Spotlight Team

Postby Blade3327 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:36 pm

@Ghastly: I think GrapeFruit and I already have our design. I haven't gotten any PMs from 'im, so I'm assuming things're goin' well. Let's worry about a monster we have yet to work on. Everything else is currently being taken care of.
Oh, crap! The Guardian! Okay, let's worry about the unmade monsters besides the Guardian, lol.
There are Doom novels with "Doom" written on the title, just so ya know :) .
Blade3327

Postby Ghastly » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:18 am

Since I really have nothing to do, I'm going to take a crack at the Lost Soul, out of the D2 Lost Soul, Strife Peasant and D2.5 Lost Soul. I'll post the A1 sprite when it's done.

Edit: Dang, Strife Peasant head -WAY- too small.
Ghastly
Rather ghastly
Spotlight Team

Postby grapefruit66 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:43 pm

Yep, I'm still here :) my free time is really limited right now (driving license lessons and similiar stuff) so my work will be somehow delayed, but don't worry. Hellknight will be done. I hope I'll post some of my work till sunday - this time with full direction sprites and with minotaurs legs (They're bit hairy/furry - however sounds that - but slight edit should do the job). Maybe with more smooth torso, if I manage to do it right.
grapefruit66

Postby przndoom » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:59 pm

hey ghastly i try to crack at the lost soul how about the face for the cherub i used..is that good...well the doom 2.5 it needs a nose and a lil edit on its teeth..and if you want to go further edit the machine part and stuff..but iono i dont want to try it again. so yeah
przndoom

Postby Ghastly » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:05 pm

The main difference between the Doom 2 (and 2.5) Lost Soul and the Doom 3 Lost Soul, is that the D3 version is a full head, while the D2 version is just a skull. I'm trying to found a human head sprite set that's large enough to work. I'll paste the D2 Lost Soul fire and D2.5 metal parts, once I have the head, and I might do some pixel editing for the needle-like teeth.
Ghastly
Rather ghastly
Spotlight Team

Postby Blade3327 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:28 pm

@Everyone (who's interested in the Lost Soul): As far as the metal parts go, I've got ya covered! Here's my Lost Soul design from a while back. I added some wires along the mouth and I also put in some blood for that area.
Blade3327

Postby przndoom » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:59 pm

hmmm maye skin tone near the nose or make it less black and teeth looks small..its lower jaw is extreme streched out so its deformed and thats why it can hold needles...its disparportionate than a regular head..i still love Cap.'s Forgotten one he did a great job!

but yeah lost soul is tricky but simple
przndoom

PreviousNext

Return to Resources