Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Re: RoE Monster Pack - Doom 3 monsters in Doom 2

Post by Ghastly »

I asked Vegeta to put the mouth blood on, since he made the original Doom 2.5 head, but I'm not sure if I can do/about the blood on the boots. I've noticed that spot, too, it's because of the recolor. I forgot to edit it out, lol.

If Dracken finishes that Tech Marine Zombie he posted in the Spriting Carnival thread (which would be an excellent monster on it's own), I could recolor it's helmet for the machinegun and shield ZSec. The main problem about remaking the machinegun variant is that there's no Doomguy sprite set with a machinegun. If anybody makes a machinegun marine set, the rest of the machinegun ZSec would be easy.

The shield variant isn't going to be as easy as the others, though. It'd need someone to edit the pistol variant's arm so it could hold a shield, not to mention it'd need a set for the shield (and the Strife Acolyte shield wouldn't work so well). The helmet, though, could be copy/pasted from the machinegun variant.

(By the way, I've heard a lot of people say ZSec Zombie, or refer to the human security as ZSec. ZSec stands for Zombified Security.)
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

I'm trying to add the blood to the mouth and boots, but it always ruin the sprite. I think Ghastly's sprite is just perfect (the skin colored, but without blood on mouth and boots).

IMO, once you reached certain similitude with the DOOM³ creature, I think it's better to value quality and visuals over 100% accuracy. I mean, you don't need to add minor details of the original if they reduce the overall quality of the sprite.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

If you use the stains I posted earlier you get this.

zombiestains.bmp - 0.15MB

It will take less than 5 minutes of pasting them on to do them all :wink:

BTW make his helmet and shoulder pads dark grey, and do something about his eyes! Those white pixels just look bizarre

Edit: I recomend you recolour the stains dark red, then paste them on all the frames, and it will be perfect :nod:
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

I'll darken the stains (I always thought they looked too bright) and put some on the boots and hands, but with the stains on the suit, it looks almost exactly like the original Shotgun Zombie.

Edit: Lol, you edited your post before I posted.

Edit2: Meh... I think I'll leave the blood off. The reduced skin saturation and sounds are enough to show that it's a zombie, and aside from the the shotgun variant's mouth (which as Vegeta said, always seemed to ruin the quality), there isn't really much blood on any of the variants. Besides, the blood on the boots will be very difficult for the death animation, since they use Doom marine sets as bases.

How should I edit the shotgun ZSec's eyes, by the way?

Also, I've just adapted the pistol ZSec for use as a Skulltag skin (with color translation for the suit). I'll add the updated shotgun and machinegun variants, too, then release it, when they're done. I'm hoping to add the shield ZSec and chaingun Commando, at some point, too, for a complete Doom 3 skin pack.
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

i like your hand and chest edit Cap. i love to see it on the final
EDIT: ghastly, i can darken the chest a bit for that ..pants not so much good to me

EDIT EDIT: i would love to hear some feed back on this

hows this helmet??
is the body to saturated???

are the blood stains good on this?
and mouth?

The edits i did is pretty simple...not very complex ( 1 min think it took me)
my edit of ghastlys zsec zombie...which should be zsec cuz z is zombie and sec is security so iono why ppl say zsec zombie....
my edit of ghastlys zsec zombie...which should be zsec cuz z is zombie and sec is security so iono why ppl say zsec zombie....
zsc2a1fj5.png (5.93 KiB) Viewed 1540 times
EDIT: After carefully reading Caps. post i try to "fix" some things

what you think cap??
Cap's request edits..darken the pads and added a new goggle looks...also darken a helmet a bit
Cap's request edits..darken the pads and added a new goggle looks...also darken a helmet a bit
zsc2a1fj5.png (7.12 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Wow, that looks really good!

Since you're busy with your own monsters (and I'd like to do a few monsters, myself, so I don't feel like I'm making everyone make my mods for me :P), can you make those edits to the helmet's first three rotations (NOT counting the recolor, I'll do that myself)? I'll do the recolors to the suit, skin, boots, helmet and shoulder pads, myself, so I can keep backups and make one with the standard Doomguy green, for a Skulltag skin.

Also, how exactly did you add the blood to the feet? I don't want to bug anyone to do that for me, but I'm not sure I can do that, by myself.

Here's the helmet sprites.
Attachments
ZSec2 Helmet.png
ZSec2 Helmet.png (950 Bytes) Viewed 1089 times
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

thanks.. :D
right now i haven't touched any sprites much because their too complex and i don't have time till my week break. This isn't complex, its like drawing a stick figure compared to a 3D hell knight :lol: .
save the original ( like un-recolored just in case)..

(so you want me to edit the goggles only? no mouth?

well no mouth right now cuz you gonna edit the body n helm but i can edit like that when it comes to that point

cool ill get on it soon, later today, right now I'm gonna hang for a bit at my friends.

and the feet, bro when your done with the final sprites i can just edit them for you, without breaking a sweat.

but i used a freaking old program called photoimpression 4. Today theirs a 6.5, but to me that's too complex like photoshop and i cant work with it. yeah yeah P.I isn't good to edit stuff like PS but i think its way better. you can do a trial or buy it for $50, but iono if DL or buying it will be a hassle n iono if how 6.5 gold really works...i got mine from a cheap yahoo camera. it was really bad quality XD.

but i can do it if you want.

So what do you guys think? .+:icytux:+.? Unknown_assassin? CaptianToenail?

EDIT: Choose your pic..i was kinda bored so i experimented for a bit
TADA!!! <br /><br />first row:  5 min<br />second row: 10 min<br />third row: 5 min<br /><br />Tottal: (enter simple math solution here)
TADA!!!

first row: 5 min
second row: 10 min
third row: 5 min

Tottal: (enter simple math solution here)
ZSec2 Helmet.png (2.22 KiB) Viewed 1056 times
Hope you like them..now first row is what i did before so if the 2 others may not fit your taste then meh oh well it was fun. Personally i kinda like the second row more..its a tough call on 2 n 3 but i think 2 wins. but if thats too complex n not basic then 1.

Now if their to dark or too white, tell me and just added to your set, and later after its "finished" i can add my style of blood and fix the goggles ( i tried to make it a glare so it wont look flat, hope it worked)

Also if you like the mouth blood n shape , i can add it too. I like caps body armour blood and hands... Speaking of goggles and blood, for the MG guy their goggles are almost the same but its more of a maskish and its not clear since their eyes exploded ( i dont get how they can see you..maybe its magic sence..but that may explain why they say "who are you?" or "whos there") i can fix up a blood on them.... but yeah

enjoy!
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Make the goggels red/pink abd they will look great, the white doesn't really look right to me.
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

hmm maybe... its clear tho not red..and iono what to do then.
k ghastly you got the zombie head right, well just erase the white and just lets see how it looks like that. if its good then were done, If white is where you want to go, then i can easily fill it it...if it still looks weird I can edit it and have a hazy glare/tint so it looks like its goggles. (<--- best solution i think)
Last edited by przndoom on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

okay my comp has trouble with uploading crap it just goes to page not connected..i use firefox now cuz IE is slow now...but i use both and no luck..so finally i got on the office comp!

Ghastly what you think about this edit...i used your advice
RoE D3 Commando tentacle sample sprite #2
RoE D3 Commando tentacle sample sprite #2
comandoo.PNG (75.88 KiB) Viewed 915 times
yeah i know, he doesnt have a crotch cup, a bulkyer right arm and puffed up red tissue..but i dont want to make it an over kill so lets see what ppl has to say...( i hope i get some feedback XD i notice its kinda hard)

Im about using a camo pants from xxx-merc or a similar sprites ..also i gotta edit the right arm..im thinking to use an edit of the tentacle monster with 1 eye from beastiery667 (you know which 1)and boots iono if thers a better kind...i can prolly find 1 tho. but any suggestions would be nice
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

ohh really awesome prnzdoom =)
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Very nice :D! The large mass on the tentacle arm seems to mess up the quality, so like Vegeta said, if theres one detail that messes up the whole sprite, it's best to leave that detail out, once the sprite is close enough to the original.

The head seems a little big, though.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Nice, make his eyes yellow/brown, shrink his head and make his helmet longer.
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

mass?? you mean the pink thing..yeah im gonna re-do his arm with a better tent..and i tried to use the chaingunners head..guess it was too big...ill use the head it orignaly had ( pistol zombieman head ..used doom 2.5 set) for the helmet i used the nazi sprites..but if anyone wants to make a head ( doesnt matter skin tone) i would aperciate it
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

well i didnt get much done today...but i finished the pistol animation.

its better got the motion done its still rough like the patterns arent matching well (darker outline on mine) its better than the weird 1 side only reload animation now doomguy turns it on the side and reloads it...like in d3....i cant upload it right now but later i will anyone wants to wrk on it is welcomed

Return to “Resources”