Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
shotfan

Re: Reincarnation of Evil Monster Pack - Overhauled

Post by shotfan »

Any chance you will implement the Wraith here? He has a potential to be a great stealth monster. All that has to be done is to make his teleport faster and targeting your behind. (and maybe make his attack faster as well) (is that Wraith on R667 yours?)

Also, from the new game - do you have plans to import the Harvester?
Exeor

Re: RoE Monster Pack - Beta released. First post

Post by Exeor »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:Dug up some of the old pieces of the Bruiser. I'd need someone else to finish it, but I can get a decent chunk of it done.

Wasn't przndoom working in the Bruiser sprites years ago? This is all that I could find in the forum about his amazing work.

Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Ozymandias81 wrote:just for curiosity... did you notice this recent beast I added on realm667? Would be it a thing for this project? yeah I just only did very few edits to original Eriance/yura sprites but I worked good with the decorate indeed. 8-)
I don't see how that fits in here (I'm assuming you mean the Haedexebus). This is a project trying to remake Doom 3's and 4's new monsters.
shotfan wrote:Any chance you will implement the Wraith here? He has a potential to be a great stealth monster. All that has to be done is to make his teleport faster and targeting your behind. (and maybe make his attack faster as well) (is that Wraith on R667 yours?)
The Wraith on R667 is from this project; one of the only monsters we've been able to finish. I might tweak it a little more, but I like how it works at the moment. The original behavior from Doom 3 was pretty terrible and made it too easy to kill, which is amazing for something trying to be a horror game.
I don't ever remember seeing it in the game. If it's something that they cut in deveopment, then no, not really. If I got a sprite set for it I'd would probably make it, but we're focusing on monsters that made it into the game. Who knows, the Harvester might be in the inevitable expansion and then I'd have to put it on the list, but at the moment I'm not really intending to.
Exeor wrote:Wasn't przndoom working in the Bruiser sprites years ago? This is all that I could find in the forum about his amazing work.
Yeah, he was. The image you linked was his concept sheet to see how his idea would work, and the pieces I found were his.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:
Ozymandias81 wrote:just for curiosity... did you notice this recent beast I added on realm667? Would be it a thing for this project? yeah I just only did very few edits to original Eriance/yura sprites but I worked good with the decorate indeed. 8-)
I don't see how that fits in here (I'm assuming you mean the Haedexebus). This is a project trying to remake Doom 3's and 4's new monsters.
Next time: read the thread before write a comment. :oops:

BTW, Thanks for the reply & clarifications!
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:
shotfan wrote:Any chance you will implement the Wraith here? He has a potential to be a great stealth monster. All that has to be done is to make his teleport faster and targeting your behind. (and maybe make his attack faster as well) (is that Wraith on R667 yours?)
The Wraith on R667 is from this project; one of the only monsters we've been able to finish. I might tweak it a little more, but I like how it works at the moment. The original behavior from Doom 3 was pretty terrible and made it too easy to kill, which is amazing for something trying to be a horror game.
Alright, will check this one out (yeah, I am also amazed how you can mess up a teleporting monster so badly as id did :lol: )
I don't ever remember seeing it in the game. If it's something that they cut in deveopment, then no, not really. If I got a sprite set for it I'd would probably make it, but we're focusing on monsters that made it into the game. Who knows, the Harvester might be in the inevitable expansion and then I'd have to put it on the list, but at the moment I'm not really intending to.
Funny that you said "inevitable expansion", as there is one already announced(skip to 2:00 for Harvester). Bethesda confirmed that Harvester will be a new multiplayer demon. He looks like this: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/doo ... 0619225136. Yes, he got cut out at first, probably only to get recycled for this DLC. Apparently he can hover and fire continuous streams of lightning, with which he can bulid up charge for more powerful blasts or something.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

shotfan wrote:Funny that you said "inevitable expansion", as there is one already announced(skip to 2:00 for Harvester). Bethesda confirmed that Harvester will be a new multiplayer demon. He looks like this: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/doo ... 0619225136. Yes, he got cut out at first, probably only to get recycled for this DLC. Apparently he can hover and fire continuous streams of lightning, with which he can bulid up charge for more powerful blasts or something.
Ah, alright. When that's out and I can get some footage and reference screenshots for it, I'll add it to the list.

While I'll wait to see it in action before I decide anything, gathering ideas for how it'll behave. The alpha leak posts mentions it "gains energy by shooting a beam at people and then detonating himself. I am unsure if this is exactly correct." It's an idea. :P
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Exeor wrote:
Ghastly_dragon wrote:Dug up some of the old pieces of the Bruiser. I'd need someone else to finish it, but I can get a decent chunk of it done.

Wasn't przndoom working in the Bruiser sprites years ago? This is all that I could find in the forum about his amazing work.

This sprite sample looks excellent, but I am still irked by that goddamn TV mouth. Apparently in Resurrection of Evil it was a leftover of a idea for the unused Bruiser's introduction: him camouflaging himself as a computer panel while standing still (even then, it would work only once). Now, it does not really have any function, and just looks goofy. Would erasing that screen off its mouth take much effort?
Ghastly_dragon wrote: While I'll wait to see it in action before I decide anything, gathering ideas for how it'll behave. The alpha leak posts mentions it "gains energy by shooting a beam at people and then detonating himself. I am unsure if this is exactly correct." It's an idea. :P
I think he did not mean a kamikaze explosion, but something more akin to a smart bomb - a big blast with Harvester in the center. Seems quite fresh to me, regarding Doom's demons.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

shotfan wrote:This sprite sample looks excellent, but I am still irked by that goddamn TV mouth.
Agreed, it looks beyond ridiculous. I think skipping it would both look better and reduce editing time.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

shotfan wrote:This sprite sample looks excellent, but I am still irked by that goddamn TV mouth. Apparently in Resurrection of Evil it was a leftover of a idea for the unused Bruiser's introduction: him camouflaging himself as a computer panel while standing still (even then, it would work only once). Now, it does not really have any function, and just looks goofy. Would erasing that screen off its mouth take much effort?
I agree it looks silly; I think it probably would've gone a bit better if it was covered in more cybernetic pieces rather than just arms and feet. However, I would still like to get it on the sprite set, if at all possible, as it's a fairly iconic part of the monster. Missing that would be like missing the mechanical back legs on the Pinky.
I think he did not mean a kamikaze explosion, but something more akin to a smart bomb - a big blast with Harvester in the center. Seems quite fresh to me, regarding Doom's demons.
Ah, yeah, that's a good point. I immediately assumed he meant kamikaze. My other thought is the Harvester healing itself when it does damage. That would be pretty hard to represent to the player, though.
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

shotfan wrote: This sprite sample looks excellent, but I am still irked by that goddamn TV mouth. Apparently in Resurrection of Evil it was a leftover of a idea for the unused Bruiser's introduction: him camouflaging himself as a computer panel while standing still (even then, it would work only once). Now, it does not really have any function, and just looks goofy. Would erasing that screen off its mouth take much effort?
Yeah, it was an unused intruduction, what a shame. At the end he is just a Hell Knight who can shoot and walk at same time. (some say that he is the 'Baron of Hell' of Doom 3)

Btw, I don't like the idea abour removing the tv sprite of his mouth, you remove probably the most charismatic aspect of the Bruiser.
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Unique it is, but not charismatic. For me, someone or something cannot be charismatic if it does not show its face. Even Doom 3's Hell Knight, whom has almost unnoticeable eyes, is IMO much more charismatic than Bruiser.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

shotfan wrote:Unique it is, but not charismatic. For me, someone or something cannot be charismatic if it does not show its face. Even Doom 3's Hell Knight, whom has almost unnoticeable eyes, is IMO much more charismatic than Bruiser.
Even still, it's one of the most recognizable pieces of it. It's probably something that could be added on after the rest of the sprite set is done, though (if it's done in pieces), and a version of the set could probably be included that doesn't have the TV screen. For the official version for this project, though, I'd prefer to have the screen just because it would be too weird to have something that recognizable (silly though it may be) be absent.
Miru

Post by Miru »

I forgot about this and my civilian zombie attack sprites. Let me see if I still have them...

Considering D64 used a different sprite style, will you be adding the exclusive enemies from that and maybe the RPGs to this?
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

I wasn't planning on it, but if I do get a good Doom 2-style Mother Demon, for example, I would add it. Nightmare Imp would be kind of pointless next to the Hell Knight, Baron and things like that.
Miru

Post by Miru »

Found my attacking sprites for Civilian Zombie (from the front only)

Return to “Resources”