Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Grimm

Re: Reincarnation of Evil Monster Pack - Betas pg4

Post by Grimm »

Some very slightly edited Baron horns should work fine. Maybe some changes to the teeth as well. The Lost Soul doesn't exactly have a lot of frames, heh, so this should be fine.

Actually . . . I might use the Revenant's head for this. Since the Forgotten Ones are actually much smaller than Lost Souls (which are the size of a human torso, relatively, heh). We'll see.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

What about this?

Edit: Even better

Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Looks great, but I'd like to see what Grimm's working on, too. I have it's decorate just about done, also, so it just needs the sprites.
Grimm

Post by Grimm »

I actually couldn't have done much better myself, heh. Revenant heads are just a bit too small. My only criticism is the big horns: their perspective is off atm. For Forgotten Ones the horns are pointed straight at the player, not off to the side as yours are. Hell Knight horns, since they're already brown. should work pretty well.

Otherwise, if you bring the horns down a little and reduce its forehead size, and cut down on the flames, it should look perfect. (And perfectly proportioned, I add.) With scale 0.5 it should look exactly like them. If you're up for banging out the whole sprite set, go for it!
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Hey, that looks nice! Can't wait to see it in action.

BTW, about the Vagary attack I suggested, I released that the spawned things would most probably attack the Vagary, as in DOOM when a monster is spawned after a projectiles explodes, the spawned attack the entity that fired the projectile. This could be solved if you add the "boss" flag to the Vagary (the one used in Heretic/Hexen), so no monster in-fight with her.
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

I dont know what is the vagary problem, but for vegeta's post, sounds like you dont want it to get attacked by it's spawned things, right? if that's the case, shouldnt +NOTARGET do the trick?
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

If the damaging projectiles are monsters and the invisible projectiles use A_SpawnItem, that shouldn't happen. That's only a problem if a projectile uses A_CustomMissile.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

What about that then?

Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Very nice! The rotations might be a little tricky, though, but that would work perfectly!
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Ok, I'll see if I can get a full set done,
Grimm

Post by Grimm »

I agree, that's nice! The colors just need to be matched up a little more, but that can be handled with ease, I'd say. Awesome. :D

And I think only the flame changes on the idle frames, right?
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

here's the idle/flying frames, I don't think I can really be bothered doing the other ones so it's a simple copy and paste job if someone else wants to finish them off

http://www.zshare.net/image/13306875223ed2ff/
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

yeah that was just a 5 min edit...Ghastly i like to help you as i can..i had a fat zombie ( a base from zblood but edit it so it looks like doom 3 thanks to screenshot and coloring ) but i cleaned it after doomero said he'll do the monsters, thought it would be for this not his own....oh well

ill try to make it again..maybe be better second time..

lol im piling myself with work XD

-Doom 3 weap
-Doomero edit
-Ghastly edit

-Turok mod lol

Im not so organized i kinda tend to start something and jump to another...and keep on jumping and hopefully jump on 1 thing again and finish it XD
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

przndoom wrote:i cleaned it after doomero said he'll do the monsters
A word of advice, don't delete something you've worked hard on. You might find a use for it :P. I've been in situations like that many, -many- times XD.

If you can finish up the Forgotten One, I'd be incredibly grateful, but since you have a lot on your plate already, I'd prefer it if someone else finished it.
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

well ill do what ever i can...right now i could work on it

but im drawing a portriat of a friend *cough cough i kinda got a crush on her cough cough* since tomarrow will be my last day for high school :(

*clear throat* :P
anyways, Ghastly, your monsters , do you want them to look more on doom 3 or non-cartoony or just doom 2 like?

the fat zombie i got the head from screens and stuff so looks more "real"..maybe redemption and reincarnation can be mix togather :) lol

Return to “Resources”