Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
CaptainToenail

Re: RoE Monster Pack - Doom 3 monsters in Doom 2

Post by CaptainToenail »

Actually the vile could require some more work, for example changing his face, fattening him up by filling in the spine area and adding those weird red lumps on the hands, I did this a while ago (about the same time as the Wraith) as a test (ignore the lumpy hands they look terrible :lol: )

Gez

Post by Gez »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:That's what I'm doing, but the function I'm using for applying pitch (A_Custommissile aim mode 2) ignores target position (needs A_FaceTarget to aim at it at all), and just applies the specified pitch. If the player's at a higher floor level than the imp, the imp'll miss horribly.
Looks like there's a legitimate feature request there. An aim mode that allows to adjust the pitch (specifying a relative rather than absolute pitch), and/or an aim mode for parabolic projectiles. (The former seems more likely to be granted than the latter.)
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Nice coloration on that Archvile.
About the Z-Sec, I expect to have the sprite edited this sunday.
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

@CaptainToenail: wow great job...lets try it w/o the lumps then when you find the "right" way then can be edited later on.
@Vegeta: i cant wait!haha but i have too...ppl have ben waitng for me to finish my batch >.>

the ressurect/summon thing..yeah i was hoped since they all dissolved it be easier to make it look like it summoned but it really ressurect.

Idk why but the vile always seemed to be the "general" of hell or commander..w/e

*off topic* i was playing D3 last night ( yeah not good idea lol) and anyone know that monster that pops it head out the bloody door in the first section of the game..sounds familiar..looks like a big wraiths head...n what is it saying??? Latin?? i reversed it and doesn't make scene so its not reversed

@
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

przndoom wrote:*off topic* i was playing D3 last night ( yeah not good idea lol) and anyone know that monster that pops it head out the bloody door in the first section of the game..sounds familiar..looks like a big wraiths head...n what is it saying??? Latin?? i reversed it and doesn't make scene so its not reversed
In Mars City Underground, that monster that sticks it's hand out when you have to extend that bridge) is a generic Imp. In the Communications Transfer area, the voice speaks normal Latin, though I have no idea what he's saying (I wish they made more interesting visions that all seemed related to one another :?).
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

yeah i know what you mean...instead of "doom3guy was about to be possessed but failed" the story line was vauge..though they did have some good script writers...think ID got some fan ideas too...it wont be a good movie, maybe a few more details or plot forming...lol why they made DooM the movie :sadno: we could of wait a few years for a good one T^T
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

I was checking the Z-sec, Ghastly already did a big part, I think I'm going to have this today.
Don't get too excited Prnz, I'm just adding the new head to the old body.
I suggest to check out that Corp. Hicks skin, it may be a good base for something of this mod.
You can get it here
http://skulltag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15233
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

naw v-man i know its not a big thing, but maybe finally we get a the zec done...i found a lab coat sprite set..maybe we can use that as a civil...not much of modding to do on that ( i havnt took a second glance yet..but yeah) ill do w/e method i wish to do , allthough ill use 100% scale instead of 200% if turns out good then their...dont see anyother imp out there :evil:
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

przndoom wrote:i found a lab coat sprite set..maybe we can use that as a civil
I think I know the wad. If it has solid-color lasers as projectiles for one or two monsters, that lab coat zombie would need a bit of work to make it Doom-style. That's the main reason I haven't suggested it before.
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Still working on the Z-sec, nothing impressive. Study takes me more time than what I thought, but I'm getting close to complete it.
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

@Everyone: Hey guys, I'm back from my trip :o ! I saw some of those ZSecs and the new Commando; BEAUTIFUL :cheers: ! 'Nuff said 8-) , but I'll get back to monitorin' my posts!
Dulle

Post by Dulle »

Is anybody doing this anymore? >:(
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Dulle wrote:Is anybody doing this anymore? >:(
Yes, people are still doing this. They are not posting that's all.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

It's going through another slow patch (which I thought we were overdue for, since we got so much work done during the last surge), but it's still going, and I won't let this die. It'll be finished at some point, but likely not soon.
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

man im swamped from work...when i take a break i dont feel like editing ..feels like more work...my rooms messy too...gah!

well still got trouble with leap sprites...death is down using same as the harvest but blood edit n stuff......thats all i need to finish the sides n angles are hard...anyone know a good base..i want to finish it quickly for the sake of the community...

yeah im missing something...the trys i made doesnt look well...n coloring is a bit diff when using diffrent base...n some are too much editing to make it right.. so it looks bad..i didnt like it at all..so yeah...its hard, but im confident i can finish it...maybe vertial arch vile having hands in the air....isnt the harvest based on the archy's body??

Return to “Resources”