Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
CaptainToenail

Re: Reincarnation of Evil Monster Pack - Betas pg4

Post by CaptainToenail »

Here's a Doom3 style barrel for you, same as regular one but can be pushed (I couldn't find the Doom 3 barrel sound fx though, otherwise I would have added it :( )
Spoiler:
http://www.zshare.net/download/1404221479e08061/
Last edited by CaptainToenail on Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Nice, thanks! I'll make another version, too, with a delayed explosion like the green barrels.
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

you know i just thought right now (a sperarate mod i guess)

if use all doom chars and do something with it ....Doomguy 1n 2 (k maybe not him but something) , Doom 3 guy, doomguy ROE, and "reaper ( even though that movie made me cry the end it can be made in to Doom world i guess ) (n maybe doomguy 64...which in the hell level you encounter him or something cuz he stays in hell...)

Tell doom 3 guys story ep 1, Tell doom ROE story ep 2 , and make Doom movie story ep 3 ( like introduce the "carnivourus aliens" or "Mutants") i like final doom short mod but it was pretty cool...reminds of the movie well i guess it was like the movie...

Anyways each player has its own 1 speical ability...doom 3 soulcube...doom ROE the artifact and doom movie "regeneration" n other super abilites...n maybe knows crap about the martians and the histor cuz he got their DNA.

they all meet they see a huge ship and found a teleport and they want to use it and then part of hell breaks through and they use the ship to do something bad and all of them gotta go and be badass... team lead by Doomguy Doom64 ( he rescues ROE guy after he shoved the artifact and the heart turns to stone exept in the hands of ROE guy and when he finds a portal the soulcube comes with and tell what happen..he got sick of hell so he tags along...n he gets that weird gun. how he got in hell is he investigates a UAC lab on earth and it gotten blown up and people thought he was dead..........and doomguy comes in after he finishes the 2 moon bases which was doing the tele project...but he doesnt get any powers..or think of something)...and the alien race is unknown

lol random idea...
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Trite sprite

:lol:
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

More! ;)
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

heh, melvinflynn did a trite spriteset too, but he never released it to public or anything.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Tormentor667 wrote:More! ;)
Please finish the Forgotten One, first, though :P.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Lol, I've already got the first walking frame done

The legs are a bit dodgy on some of the sprites though :?
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

wow, lookin pretty good :D

you deserve a cookie

(:.':) <-- cookie :D
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

For everyone interested on this project, you can download the original DOOM 2.5 resources here
http://www.mediafire.com/?1lzxtets0si

Include sprites that were never released like Hell Knight, Guardian, and others.
There are 3 variants of the Trite, two of them ugly, but one great done by Kronos (yet only one sided).
The weapon sprites are designed to be used with a different palette (included on their wad) so they will look odd if you see them with the DOOM palette without the appropriate editing (first load the DOOM 2.5 palette mainteinning indexes, then load the DOOM palette by nearest
color matching)

I'd like to suggest the use of the Chainsaw zombie included on this zip instead of the one from the Bestiary, as this one has a more appropriate armor and head.
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

dude...shit man thanks this rules!

i like getting new inspirations

EDIT: after further reviewing these new sprites....i can finnally start on chebus! i just need a the head and arms the rest i got it ready...lol dont worry i got the right kind of wings XD

EDIT (agian) wow i got very good plans for HK and sabaoth and guardian...will take time but i cant wait to sit down and take jab at it...

also hey ghastly how does the civilian zombie look so far? maybe i can help you out n edit it too...
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

The Civilian Zombies in Doom 2.5 are good, they just need some slight editing to the clothing to make them look like UAC workers (labcoat, jumpsuit and some other). I think the rest of the Zombies (Fat, Flaming, Hazmat and Hell) could be edited from them, but the Tentacle Commando would be extremely difficult to. Any of the four in Unused/Zombs.wad would be good (I've never liked the attack sprites of the original Fist Marine, though. He never pulls his arm back, before he punches). I think I'd prefer it if you finished the Bruiser before you start another sprite set, though. It looks great, and I could really use it for Abyss Below :D.

I just updated the first page with a sprites list of monsters that are being worked on, or that have sprites that need some work. The monsters not listed are ones I haven't thought of, yet (I'm working on a little at a time).
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

awww okay ...ill do cherbus ill send you 1 rotating set..and maybe some others

the bruiser is quite hard has alots of things going on there but ill do my best..actually it isnt super hard just i wish i had time XD

summer school blows

EDIT: btw you know when you get hit your screen flashes red...you think we can use those claw marks for the monster when it attacks you...sounds simple..but is it complex??
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Just want to notice, that I didn't mention that Trite sprites to suggest to replace these Toe is working on (which I think are great). I was trying to give material that may help on their development. The other sprites from DOOM 2.5 were also posted to use for inspiration, as a base, or as final sprites for this mod (Ghastly already had a copy).

For these who didn't know DOOM 2.5 on it's time. It was the first DOOM 3 in DOOM 2 mod, designed for Edge, but never finished. It contains 3 maps, all new weapons, textures and monsters. The atrocity named Dm3mod or something ripped the sprites from there.

The zip file is around 30 mb, but trust me there are plenty of resources that may be used. And if you can run Edge, you may have some fun playing it too.
There are many wads, be sure that the wad you're checking doesn't has a palette entry. If it has, then you'll have to load it in order to see the graphics properly, then load the DOOM pal by nearest color matching.

Edit: For the cyberdemon I think the DOOM 64 cyberdemon will be a good base. The DOOM 64 Tc has a 32 bit colors version, that may be adapted better to the DOOM palette than the version of DSV4
For the Tentacle Commando I think the fist marine would be the most apropriate material to use as a base. The civilian zombie arm could be used for the raising arm frame (the freak doesn't need to have both arms equal), and it could extend the tentacle on a final frame.
If nobody offers, I'd like to make this one too.
I'm very busy with study at the moment, but soon I'll have some more free time to work on this.
I think for the Revenant we could use the torso of the Grey Revenant from Demon Eclipse, color it, and past it over the DOOM 2 Revenant. Then color it's bones and probably eyes.
Last edited by Vegeta(dw) on Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Resources”