Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Re: Reincarnation of Evil Monster Pack - Overhauled

Post by Ghastly »

First, that mouth(?) is comically huge. Second, edits of the Mutant from Wolf 3d aren't going to work for this because they're about 10 pixels shorter than Doom's monsters, if I recall correctly. I've tried it out with the Doom 2.5 zombies, they look like they represent the lollipop guild.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Some of the new model rips from that Blender plugin like this one have my pretty intrigued. That one, for example, fits Doom's style quite a bit since a lot of the original monsters' sets were done in similar ways. I do think a lot of the monsters in Doom 3 would not work like this, though. Some of the demons like the Pinky or Cherub probably would work, but the zombies would probably clash too badly with Doom's former humans.

But yeah, if anyone wants to do these kinds of model rips for this, I wouldn't be against it as long as they fit in with the original monsters. They'd probably need some hand editing as well; some Cyberdemon-style explosion death for the Bruiser (that'd probably look the best for it), for example, or the lightning around the Invul Hunter probably wouldn't be possible as Blender rips.

Edit: Just saw some footage for the Harvester added in Unto the Evil. Got some ideas for it. Added some notes to the first post.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Out of boredom, did some work recreating a few new Doom 4 items. I got the Siphon Grenade and Personal Teleporter working.

Kind of want to expand this to Doom 3's and Doom 4's new items as well (including the multiplayer-only ones). Would be easier to get sprites for. :P
Leviathan
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Leviathan »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:
XLightningStormL wrote:Can you make a Possessed Engineer too? To be honest, Doom (Classic) lacked non-security/soldier Possessed/Fodder Humans, no point for the Unwilling since they are already on a ZombieFodder forum post on R667, and there's already numerous Scientist Zombie things out there.
I'd love multiple variants, if at all possible. Engineer, hazmat, things like that. Only reason I listed the hazmat zombie separately is because I could put together a pickup for something like the toxic waste run in Doom 3: RoE for people to use, if they wanted.
theundeadsoldier wrote:Since nobody made a zombie scientist i create one
Got a full sprite set? Can't really do much with one sprite. :P
not yet but then i got the time i'll do one because im really busy with study and that shit :(
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Since I finally got Doom 4, I'll take some better reference screenshots of the new monsters as I unlock their models in the gallery. Summoner's already up. Also, I'm expanding this once again to include Doom 3's and 4's new weapons. Progress and notes are up on the first post. My reasoning is that items and weapons are quite a bit easier to do than monsters, so a lot of those could get done in a fraction of the time and drum up some more interest in this. :P
VICE

Post by VICE »

Sharing some D4 related stuff I made, feel free to use or modify these (someone with more skill and patience than myself could probably do something really good with that Hellrazer).

^ From in-game screenshot

^ Helmet is from an in-game screenshot, the rest of the body is based on something Skelegant made, I think.

^ Credits to Paul NMN and Phobos867, I only spliced the base and did the sinking frames.
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

looks cool though, also things get better
XLightningStormL

Post by XLightningStormL »

yeet
Last edited by XLightningStormL on Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Regarding that Blender plugin, apparently rips of Doom 4's monsters are in progress and some are already out. Unfortunately, like Doom 3's ripped models, they don't come with animations. In order for this to work, I'd need to find someone to make animations for them. I still think this would be the best option, since it's easier than spriting from scratch, the style actually fits Doom 2's monsters and these rips look fricken' awesome.

I also put a few reference screenshots of a few item pickups, like the Hologram and Siphon Grenade, on the first post.
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

Yep, i like to see how that plugin goes
enderandrew

Post by enderandrew »

I am excited at the prospect of more monster variety that fits in well with Doom. Being able to play Doom 3 / Doom 4 monsters in Classic Doom is exactly what I'm looking for.
Exeor

Post by Exeor »

I worked in a Tick sprite based in the Trite of Realm667 this morning:

Image Image

I have been looking for Tick sprites but there aren't nothing really "solid" to work in it, using the Trite sprites can be really useful.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Moved to Resources by request.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Link in the OP needs to be updated, on account of the Dropbox sharing system changing.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Re: Reincarnation of Evil Resource Pack - Overhauled

Post by Ghastly »

In light of all the DLC for Doom 4 coming out (and being made free, so I've been playing around with them), I tweaked the list of items again.

I also have code for the Hologram, Personal Teleporter, Shield Wall and Argent Cell done, and found sprites that fit the Regeneration sphere really well. The Hologram and Personal Teleporter are really, really fun to play around with.
VICE wrote:*Argent Cell sprite*
That would make a nice decoration, but it's way too large for a pickup sprite in the original Doom. Some edits to the containing arms to the left and right of the cell to make them smaller, oriented like the Metroid's container in Super Metroid would probably fit a bit better, with some animation to the cell.

Edit: Updated the first post again with more reference screenshots, this time for the weapons and a few more items. Also added the berserk sphere to the item list. I'll include two versions, just a reskinned Doom 1 Berserk pack, and one that behaves a bit more like Doom 3's/4's version (temporary and massively increased fist damage).

Return to “Resources”