Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Re: [Project]Reincarnation of Evil Monster wad

Post by Ghastly »

Unknown_Assassin wrote:The Wraith is pretty good, but shouldn't the transportation trick allow them to go past certain borders. An example is the one in Entryway where the switch is. The Wraith couldn't go past that location.
I'd've done that, but there's a huge chance it could get stuck with block monster or impassible line going right through it, not to mention solid actors. That was a huge problem with the balor for a little while.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Re: [Project]Reincarnation of Evil Monster wad

Post by Ghastly »

The guardian's coming along swimmingly (I started on it earlier since GZDoom 1.0.30 was released today).

I found an odd bug, though. If you damage him while he's summoning seekers, he won't move with A_Wander when he returns to the spawn state. I have no idea how to fix this, though :?. Also, I don't have too many ideas on how to get the seekers to alert the guardian. I was just about to go dive into my list of ACS functions to find something for that.

Other than that, it's going pretty darn well.

Edit: Okay, here's a beta of the guardian: http://www.zshare.net/download/622464434686c6/. Again, please don't use it in your wads until it and the seekers hav real sprites and sounds. It has two, maybe three, problems. The first is that after you damage it, it won't move for a minute or so for some reason, and the second is that it might not spawn more seekers for some reason. I have absolutely no idea how to fix either of those, for the moment. The third problem is that it's really hard for the guardian to melee a player when a seeker spots it, but that'll probably be resolved with a smaller map.
Juan "JacKThERiPPeR

Re: Reincarnation of Evil Monster wad - Guardian Beta pg2

Post by Juan "JacKThERiPPeR »

I'll use your wraith if you'll excuse me.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

I'd rather people didn't use it unless it has the Doom 3 sprites and sounds. I have the sounds, and Vegeta of Doom 2.5 (I know him on Skulltag) was going to send me the sprites he was using for it, so it won't be too much longer.

If you want to use the translated imp sprites (I did too good a job on that :P), you can use it, but it should probably have different sounds, anyway.

Actually, saying that just gave me the idea to send it to the beastiary, so people will use it for wads even if the Doom 3 sprites don't fit... Heck, I might release a second wad more fitting for Doom 2.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

This actually sounds like a reeeeally good idea! Hehe, I for one would love to see a good Sabaoth translation, but maybe that's just me. :P

Anyhow, I suppose some of Eriance's monsters (see the Demon Eclipse thread) could fit quite well. He's got a modified imp and a vulgar-ish enemy that might be of use somehow. :P

For Wraith sprites: KDiZD's "Shadow" monster actually reminded me a *lot* of the Wraith. Again, probably just me, but the way it's hunched over is strangely suspicious. Perhaps could that work?
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

I really don't want to rip off things like Eriance's Vulgar, or the KDiZD Shadow. I think the translated wraith sprites look pretty darn good, though, so I might consider that done, lol.

Sabaoth, Maledict, the zombie civilians (with hazmat, flaming and maybe fat and hell variants) and the guardian/seekers will need completely new sprites, though.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Anyone have any comments about the guardian? Especially on ideas about how to fix those -really- odd bugs? It's probably the single greatest decorate achievement I've ever accomplished.
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

The Guardian seems to do more of the melee attack rather than the missile attack, making it an easy target. That will probably change once you add the other attacks.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

What other attacks? All I've seen in the youtube video is that fireball shockwave and when it tries to melee when a seeker spots you. Does the D3 version do shockwaves when a seeker spots the player, by the way?
Unknown_Assassin

Attacks such as the charge and some more:

http://doom.neoseeker.com/DOOM_3/PC/pages/bosses/
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

I'm still working on this (more than I used to). The pistol and shotgun Z-Secs are almost done, and I have Doom-style sprites for the Mancubus and Imp (courtosy of the Doom 2.5 team), and they'd be pretty easy to make. I definately won't keep the original Mancubus behaviour (wait a second, and fire three rounds of two fireballs), I'll make it more random and truer to the Doom 3 version. It's fireballs will get a nice facelift, too :D.

Could someone give me a video of how the Mancubus acts, exactly? The only one I've seen was the intro cutscene and fight with the initial two, and the player finished them off pretty quickly.
Unknown_Assassin

Would this work?
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Thanks, that's perfect! I'll get to work on it, it shouldn't take me too long.

Edit: Mancubus is done!
Grimm

Re: Reincarnation of Evil Monster wad - Mancubus done

Post by Grimm »

Hmmm this seems interesting. I'm kinda curious as to what Doom 3 mods have been done in the community. I know there was a Doom 3 weapons mod. I know there was an abandoned Doom 3 mod. Now I hear of Doom 2.5 and this . . . can someone give me the lowdown?
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Re: Reincarnation of Evil Monster wad - Mancubus done

Post by Ghastly »

Doom 2.5 was a mod completely remaking Doom 3 into Doom 2 being developed over at the DoomWorld forums for Edge. It died out, and the vultures picked at it and made the Doom 3 weapons mods.

The current Doom 3 mods are the new weapons wad by PrznDoom and Doomero (using model rips), Doomero's 'Revenge of Evil' wad, which is a new campaign using Doom 3 weapons and monsters (also using model rips), and this wad using Doom 2-style sprites to remake the Doom 3 monsters as accurately as possible. I'm not sure if there are any others.

Return to “Resources”