[Sprites] Centered Doom Eternal Weapons

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Martinoz
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [Sprites] Centered Doom Eternal Weapons

Post by Martinoz »

Bookmarked & Subbed :geek:
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:[img https://i.imgur.com/KtGwQYh.png/img]

I've been playing through Doom Eternal recently and I really wanted to port some of the weapons to classic Doom. Thanks to Wartorn, I've got basic rips of some of the guns done so far. I'll be updating this post as I make progress. I'm starting with the basic unmodded weapons, but if those go well I'll see if I can do versions with the attachments. I've also got Skelegant on board to help out with muzzle flash lighting.

WEAPON STATUS:
CHAINSAW - Not started yet
PISTOL - Not started yet
SHOTGUN - Done > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FKMSd ... wGbenidhqF
SUPER SHOTGUN - Done > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eUck2 ... AtxZZgwQDV
HEAVY CANNON - Done > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AKoQu ... Ws5M9TMOJC
CHAINGUN - Not started yet
ROCKET LAUNCHER - Done > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M_Doz ... _9MwEeISlc
BALLISTA - Done > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vnq-f ... kMh_vEPPXN
PLASMA GUN - Done > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zsTkc ... QxghM65GMW
BFG9000 - Basic Animation Done

Feel free to use these sprites for whatever, just remember to credit iD Software for their awesome game and if you want credit me, Skelegant and Wartorn.
bfg done?
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Not yet.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

Do you happen to have the glow on the weapons on a separate layer still? or did you just flatten your images and release them? I'm tempted to make bright maps for these if you want ;]

Edit: I've taken the liberty of cleaning up some loose / Floating pixels on your Eternal shotgun. (Reload frames only) So far I have not noticed any other discrepancies? (is that the word I'm looking for?)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yuiu3xba5ppra ... d.zip?dl=0

if I notice anymore rough edges I'll be sure to clean them up for ya :D

Edit: Would it be possible to use the marines left hand when reloading the super shotgun? I think it looks a tad weird when hes loading with his right hand.
theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by theroguemonk »

hi sgt love final doomer as you know

what app do you use to make these?

thank you so much for sharing your hard work!
Nightsentinel

Post by Nightsentinel »

Impressive Job Sgt. Shivers. Would you consider doing the rips of the angled versions of the Doom Eternal Weapons as well? That would be an awesome addition for mods with the style of D4V
Thanks for sharing
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

doomfiend wrote:Do you happen to have the glow on the weapons on a separate layer still? or did you just flatten your images and release them? I'm tempted to make bright maps for these if you want ;]

Edit: I've taken the liberty of cleaning up some loose / Floating pixels on your Eternal shotgun. (Reload frames only) So far I have not noticed any other discrepancies? (is that the word I'm looking for?)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yuiu3xba5ppra ... d.zip?dl=0

if I notice anymore rough edges I'll be sure to clean them up for ya :D

Edit: Would it be possible to use the marines left hand when reloading the super shotgun? I think it looks a tad weird when hes loading with his right hand.
Hello!

Thanks for the cleaned up Shotgun! I'll add it to the first post with credit to you. As for the glows, I have the original frames separated onto layers, but when they're scaled (for recoil, animation etc) the scaled image is a flat layer. I'll get in touch with Skelegant and see if she has her versions of the lighting done on separate layers. You might be out of luck for some of the guns but when I get the BFG finished up would you like me to make a separate set of frames with just the bright areas?

Some time down the line I intend to have an alternate classic reload for the Super Shotgun. I'm not a fan of the in-game animation at all.
theroguemonk wrote:hi sgt love final doomer as you know

what app do you use to make these?

thank you so much for sharing your hard work!
I use Macromedia Fireworks MX 2004. It's a very old program but I've found it works great for editing sprites / gifs.
slade666 wrote:Impressive Job Sgt. Shivers. Would you consider doing the rips of the angled versions of the Doom Eternal Weapons as well? That would be an awesome addition for mods with the style of D4V
Thanks for sharing
Maybe some time down the line. I wanted to get the centered frames first because I knew there would be less animation to do (plus I'm a sucker for centered weapon sprites). Once I've released all the centered guns I might take a shot at angled weapons, but that might be a while from now.
doomfiend

Post by doomfiend »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:
Hello!

Thanks for the cleaned up Shotgun! I'll add it to the first post with credit to you. As for the glows, I have the original frames separated onto layers, but when they're scaled (for recoil, animation etc) the scaled image is a flat layer. I'll get in touch with Skelegant and see if she has her versions of the lighting done on separate layers. You might be out of luck for some of the guns but when I get the BFG finished up would you like me to make a separate set of frames with just the bright areas?

Some time down the line I intend to have an alternate classic reload for the Super Shotgun. I'm not a fan of the in-game animation at all.
its the plasma, and Bfg im more interested in working on in terms of brightmaps (With the muzzle flash and glows on the weapon(s), I'm currently building brightmaps for the Rocketlauncher frames so it looks like the argent energy is glowing in the dark. ;p
X_KRYX

Post by X_KRYX »

Hey, Sgt. Can I have your permission to make a mod that replaces the weapon sprites with the ones you made?
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

X_KRYX wrote:Hey, Sgt. Can I have your permission to make a mod that replaces the weapon sprites with the ones you made?
Sure thing, all of the sprites here are completely open for use as long as you give credit to the people who worked on them.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Update, the pistol has been completed and uploaded. Thanks again to Skelegant for her excellent lighting skills!
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

noice!

also interested to see how they'd look angled tbh...
'twould be real nice to see some 'cooldown' frames for the plasmagun in the future too... ;)
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

looks awesome, when are we getting the mod version and the Unmayker? just asking, don't mind i use it once its out?
slayerogames

Post by slayerogames »

Can this be made into a WAD? that would be nice.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Updated the first post with the BFG. I might redo the recoil some time, I'll upload the brightmaps soon.
Here's a preview.

Return to “Resources”