Shadow Warrior Kids Mode and Duke 3d Parental lock options?

Shadow Warrior Kids Mode and Duke 3d Parental lock options?

Postby John Drushtore » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:04 pm

Does Raze have kids mode for shadow warrior? I couldn't find an option for it, but I did find one in a voidsw automates build. However, the build I got kept crashing. I already have the latest version of raze but wifi is pretty sketchy for me right now, so I'd much rather use raze, and since raze uses voidsw code I wondered if it was buried in there somewhere.

And for those wondering, I want to play shadow warrior with kids mode cuz it's a classic and I want to experience it, but I don't appreciate the nudity.
John Drushtore

Re: Shadow Warrior Kids Mode and Duke 3d Parental lock optio

Postby mjr4077au » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:13 pm

I'm sorry but we stripped out all of that code a long time ago as it just convoluted the codebase. It did more than just censor nudity, it censored all death sequences as well.

If you wish to play in this mode, you'll have to use VoidSW or BuildGDX for this.
mjr4077au

Discord: mjr4077au#1027
Github ID: mjr4077au
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Graf Zahl » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:28 am

The main problem with both was a very poor implementation that caused internal maintenance issues.
This wasn't merely a clean replacement of the assets when a flag was on but altered the levels. And the latter part was done in a way that it was bound to cause long term complications.

AFAIR in SW the censoring was bad enough to affect playability a bit.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby sinisterseed » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:55 am

Graf Zahl wrote:And the latter part was done in a way that it was bound to cause long term complications.

Short term too, since it broke stuff such as various speeches in Duke's levels when the toggle was off.

Either way, it needlessly complicated things due to its bad design. If I recall not even 0.6 had it anymore, we stripped it out very early on.
sinisterseed
Raze/GZDoom RO Translator & Raze Tester

Github ID: sinisterseed
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Return to General