Some question about new renderer and more

Some question about new renderer and more

Postby Marcelus » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:26 am

Hello,
Please I want ask about new renderer. I found this settings in .ini (testnewrenderer=true). How are differences with base settings? Is stable or there are some bugs ? With this settings works for me upscaled skyboxes for duke and shadow warrior but for blood not works. Please is possible use custom ,new or upscaled skyboxes for blood ?
Marcelus

Re: Some question about new renderer and more

Postby Phredreeke » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:40 pm

If you're talking about my upscale pack it doesn't have any skyboxes for Blood in it. (I had a few I was going to include as an option but I forgot about them)

There's nothing preventing you from using skyboxes with Blood.

The renderer is stable but there are some visual anomalies which is why it's not the default.
Phredreeke

Discord: phredreeke#6500

Postby Marcelus » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:53 pm

Thank you very much for your response. please and where are the skyboxes in the original game and what software to use to get them out? Slade not working with this format.
Marcelus

Postby Marcelus » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:20 am

Phredreeke wrote:If you're talking about my upscale pack it doesn't have any skyboxes for Blood in it. (I had a few I was going to include as an option but I forgot about them)

There's nothing preventing you from using skyboxes with Blood.

The renderer is stable but there are some visual anomalies which is why it's not the default.

hm not working :/

I am using Build ART files editor. Extracted sky textures , upscaled , rename with "tileXYZ" aded textures in upscale folder in actual upscale pack and added all tile names in .def file. Maybe I am do something bad or maybe not works... hm. For now I am working only with doom textures. This is first time with build engine. Not error , game start normal but skybox not change.

Marcelus

Postby Phredreeke » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:06 pm

What you're doing will not have the result you're after.

There's a skybox pack on the BuildGDX site. It's relatively easy to make it work with Raze (rename the file bloodgdx.def to blood-raze.def)
Phredreeke

Discord: phredreeke#6500

Postby Marcelus » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:35 am

Phredreeke wrote:What you're doing will not have the result you're after.

There's a skybox pack on the BuildGDX site. It's relatively easy to make it work with Raze (rename the file bloodgdx.def to blood-raze.def)

this works. Thank you very much. Now I see I do everything bad :?
Marcelus

Return to General