Is there a way to include more songs in Redneck Rampage?

Duke91
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Is there a way to include more songs in Redneck Rampage?

Post by Duke91 »

A bit off-topic question, since it's not a bug or anything, I know the game will play track02-09 in original game and 02-10 in Rides Again, so what I did tried: I got the songs from RA and renamed them accordingly (10-18) and put on the same folder of RR game and played for some time but only tracks 02-09 will play, I didn't tested on RA but assume the same will happen. Does someone know if there's a way for the game to play more tracks than the intended? maybe changing some lines in the games cfg/con files?

Never played the game when it came out, but I've read somewhere that you could put any music CD on the disc drive and it would play fine.
sinisterseed
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Is there a way to include more songs in Redneck Rampage?

Post by sinisterseed »

This is likely the same as it is for SW.

The problem is that these tracks are hardcoded, so without modifying that in some capacity, I don't think it can be done - and definitely not via a quick .cfg/.ini edit.
Duke91

Post by Duke91 »

sinisterseed wrote:This is likely the same as it is for SW.

The problem is that these tracks are hardcoded, so without modifying that in some capacity, I don't think it can be done - and definitely not via a quick .cfg/.ini edit.
Good to know, just asked because I couldn't find anything related anywhere.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

What you can do - unlike in RedNukem - is to assign level songs which then loop just like in Duke. If such a thing is defined the normal music player will be disabled.

Return to “General”