Command Line Documentation

lewegee
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Command Line Documentation

Post by lewegee »

Hi, I'm trying to migrate my library of Build-engine games over to Raze and I'm having trouble figuring out the command line arguments so the launcher can be skipped.

I know how the GZDoom command line works very well and this seems very different.

How do you load a specific game? For example, how could I launch BLOOD - Cryptic Passage directly without going trough the launcher?
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Command Line Documentation

Post by Graf Zahl »

You can select the main game with "-game_dir", if you got more than one GRP in a folder you can select one with "-gamegrp". ("-iwad" will also do - this was added for the benefit of Doom launchers)
Cyrptic Passage is a special case because it requires additional setup. If you have it in your Blood game directory you can start it with "-game_dir <path-to-blood> -cryptic". Just using "-ini" won't do here because it needs to load aditional .ART files with non-standard names.
lewegee

Post by lewegee »

Cool, thanks.

Man, this sourceport is AWESOME. Thank you and all the contributors for the work you put into it.
lewegee

Post by lewegee »

I have another request. I managed to load the Duke3D expansions using the following command line:

-iwad "..\Duke Nukem 3D\DUKE3D.GRP" -file "..\Duke Nukem 3D\VACATION.GRP"

However, in the episode list, the first episode is actually E1 from D3D, the second and third are from VACATION and the fourth one is also from D3D.
Is there any way to prevent that and only show the to EPs form VACATION and mabye even make the main menu screen from VACATION or the other expansions load?

Also, it would be really helpful if you could list all the files that the sourceport uses for each game. It's easy for D3D as you only need the .grp files but the other games are more complicated.

Also, where do you put the CD-Music files and what do you name them?

Thanks a lot. Awesome work as always.
markanini

Post by markanini »

lewegee wrote: However, in the episode list, the first episode is actually E1 from D3D, the second and third are from VACATION and the fourth one is also from D3D.
Is there any way to prevent that and only show the to EPs form VACATION and mabye even make the main menu screen from VACATION or the other expansions load?
It's always been like that so consider it normal.
lewegee wrote: Also, where do you put the CD-Music files and what do you name them?
Duke Nukem 3D originally didn't included CD audio so I assume mean to say OGGs included in later editions or you downloaded a music pack. In either case set "Ignore file type for music lookup" to On in advanced sound options.
irukanjji

Post by irukanjji »

Hi Graf, so to create a bat file for each game that raze supports, what are the commands I should write ?
I look everywhere, and i can find any documentation, for it.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

The exact command line depends on where you store your files, but in general:

Duke "raze -gamegrp <path-to-duke3d.grp>
Blood "raze -gamegrp <path-to-blood.rff>

and so on.
irukanjji

Post by irukanjji »

Ok, thanks for your reply
lewegee

Post by lewegee »

markanini wrote: Duke Nukem 3D originally didn't included CD audio so I assume mean to say OGGs included in later editions or you downloaded a music pack. In either case set "Ignore file type for music lookup" to On in advanced sound options.
I don't mean for DUKE3D. I mean for the other games that use them like Redneck Rampage or Powerslave. Blood's CD music works with the .ogg files included in the steam release but for other games you have to rip the tracks from the CD's. When you have the OGG files, where do you put them and what do you name them? In the (working) steam release of Blood (the old one, not fresh supply), the CD Audio files are in the main game folder named blood##.ogg.

Should I, for example name the RR ones redneck##.ogg and put them in the main directory or is it a Blood specific thing?
sinisterseed
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sinisterseed »

You simply make a zip with them, put it into Raze's root folder, and load it with -file or by dragging it over the executable.

As for names, in:

- SW the tracks are named track02-track15.
- in Exhumed it's exhumed02-exhumed19.
- RR is track02-track09, and RRRA is track02-track10.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Or create a subfolder in the game folder named 'music' and put them there. Then they will get picked up automatically.

Return to “General”