Raze is not dead yet...

Re: Raze is not dead yet...

Postby VGA » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:29 pm

Improving the engine/physics/renderer fundamentally tends to break compatibility with existing game content.

Ideally, someone could fork, let's say NBlood, reworking the wonky physics and getting rid of the RoR graphic bugs and limitations. Older mods and episodes will have to be ported to the new engine.

Similar to how Nevander "remastered" Doom 64. He created a mod for GZDoom called Retribution that semi-faithfully recreates the original physics and map effects using scripting and uses many spiffy GZDoom features ... and then started porting the original episodes and unofficial mappacks over to this new "engine".
VGA

Postby nayoz » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:56 am

hi there, i tried this port version 0.81, so far the trilinear filter really helps making the game look crispy

i just found out 2 problem with using the hrp.zip from eduke32

the numbers on the hud, when choose the biggest hud are partially sunk on the bottom, not all the parts of the numbers are displayed

and on the end screen, after punching the button, the end level status screen shows the moving duke nukem toward the center of the screen, while the end end level image is stretched, and it seems like he teleports/blink from 1 place to another.
nayoz

Postby mjr4077au » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:57 pm

nayoz wrote:hi there, i tried this port version 0.81, so far the trilinear filter really helps making the game look crispy

i just found out 2 problem with using the hrp.zip from eduke32

the numbers on the hud, when choose the biggest hud are partially sunk on the bottom, not all the parts of the numbers are displayed

and on the end screen, after punching the button, the end level status screen shows the moving duke nukem toward the center of the screen, while the end end level image is stretched, and it seems like he teleports/blink from 1 place to another.

When loading the HRP, please add -nowidescreen to the end of the command line. That will fix the majority of the stretching issues.

The other issue with the sunken numbers, we're tracking that here: https://github.com/coelckers/Raze/issues/250
mjr4077au

Discord: mjr4077au#1027
Github ID: mjr4077au
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Previous

Return to General