I just tried to play NAM

PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Re: I just tried to play NAM

Post by PlayerLin »

StroggVorbis wrote:Just play Heart of Evil for Half-Life. The original, not the Napalm Edition :P
The Napalm Edition didn't remake all of things(losing mostly the story-related/lore telling parts, and the whole thing just executed badly...at least they tried.) from original, so yeah if someone want the original experience of HoE, play the original mod would be better.

The Source engine port for original seems good enough but I never tried that...and I'm not sure running HoE on current Steam version of HL1/Source would still working...
axredneck
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch

Post by axredneck »

But i like this game, especially on hard skill.
Darkcrafter
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Darkcrafter »

Wow, I couldn't think Graf never didn't play this game before. The first time I found this game at my "400 games" cd in a directory called "Super 3D" a long time ago and it turned out the archive was severely damaged, WinRar restored some of it contents and surprisingly the game started! As a result lots of textures were missing and I was constantly getting HOM almost everywhere. The time I tried to play it again was just 4 years ago when I remembered that I had such a thing some while ago and just downloaded the game to play with dosbox, it felt like Duke Nukem 3D in jungle. So far this game requires a lot of skills, attention, intuition and luck. While being sucky it's still a pretty interesting experience and really indicates what could be done with Build engine back in those dark times of slow computers. I would even say this is not a game but a mod with levels.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

The reason why I never played it is rather simple: When it came out I had lost interest in DOS only games. The last DOS games I remember playing were Redneck Rampage and Shadow Warrior, I never even got to Redneck Rampage Rides Again until February 2020.

Return to “General”