Command line options

axredneck
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Command line options

Post by axredneck »

What command line options does Raze support? I especially interested in loading custom .map, .con and maybe .def files.
Hudson
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Command line options

Post by Hudson »

As I have been going through mods and attempting to get them supported in Raze I am curious about this myself, do we know if there are any commands to load additional files on start?

For instance the Duke Nukem Forever 2013 mod uses a .bat file to execute eduke32.exe with the following flags: -gDNF.GRP -xDNFGAME.con

I as of yet am still working on how to get these to work. Meanwhile I am attempting older total conversions created in the 1.5 "Atomic" era which may fair better. I'll make sure to keep you updated :)
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

-g and -x should work if you put a space between it and the file name.

But the preferred way would be to load mods with -file, because that one ensures that the mod data is loaded last and not overwritten by stray local files in the game directory.
Hudson
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Hudson »

Graf Zahl wrote:-g and -x should work if you put a space between it and the file name.

But the preferred way would be to load mods with -file, because that one ensures that the mod data is loaded last and not overwritten by stray local files in the game directory.
Ah, okay. Thank you kindly that is very helpful - I will continue to tinker and troubleshoot and let you know what I find out! :)

Return to “General”