Any Babe rescue mod?

Any Babe rescue mod?

Postby Gez » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:37 pm

In Duke Nukem 64, the captive babes can be rescued. You apparently teleport them away somehow. At the end of the level, it's even one of the scores tallied, along with enemies and secrets. See this video from 4:25 for the first rescue of the game.

Was there ever any mod made for DN3D that brings this in the game?
Gez

Re: Any Babe rescue mod?

Postby Phredreeke » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:51 pm

There's the Duke64 TC :P But the released version is very outdated I've been told.
Phredreeke

Discord: phredreeke#6500

Postby Gammli » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:39 am

Nuclear Showdown and the AMC TC by Jblade both include this feature, although part of a larger package.

Though I think creating this from scratch shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
Gammli

Postby Kinsie » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:31 pm

Phredreeke wrote:There's the Duke64 TC :P But the released version is very outdated I've been told.
The Duke64 TC was built for an older version of eDuke32, and its various hacky ways of doing things are sadly pretty busted in modern day eDuke32 (like the kind Raze is built on), resulting in bugs both minor (Grenades bouncing off of enemies instead of exploding on impact) and major (the intermission screen never appearing, leaving you unable to progress to the next map). I think Fox plans on redoing it at some point, but that'll probably be quite a ways away, and it'd probably be quite the herculean task for someone else to come in and fix things up...
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby NeuralStunner » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:17 pm

I found a tiny mod years ago that does this, and ended up rolling the code into a customized DukePlus. It's not too complicated.

http://dukeworld.duke4.net/classic%20dukeworld/other/cons/ femcon21 or femcon25 (which has a lot of other feature bloat apparently, if you're just porting out this one thing it doesn't matter)
NeuralStunner
I'll Get By

Discord: NeuralStunner#1293
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Gez » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:32 pm

Cool, that's a starting point. Thanks!
Gez

Return to General