Download links?

Re: Download links?

Postby Borion » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:52 pm

I couldn't answer earlier, personal matters.

This is result of running command:
f9fdbcbe

Path=/Users/<your-username>/Documents/Raze/* - path was correct and already present in raze.ini

Cheers
Borion

Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby _mental_ » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:15 am

Where did this .grp come from? No surprise that it isn’t not detected, there is no such checksum in the list of known versions.
_mental_

Postby Borion » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:39 am

I haven't even consider that Raze does CRC check of GRP's, that explains a lot :) I've added few extra textures to Atomic Edition .GRP few months ago and I forgot about it.

After copying "vanilla" GRP to /Users/<my-username>/Documents/Duke3D, Raze was still complaining. Please note this path was present in raze.ini. So I moved 'Duke3D' folder inside of 'Raze' (/Users/<my-username>/Documents/Raze/Duke3D) and it started working.

Thanks for helping me out _mental_, appreciated!
Borion

Postby Graf Zahl » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:00 am

Hint: If you want a modified GRP to be detected you can put a file named "duke.grpinfo" next to it - you have to open engine/grpinfo.txt in raze.pk3, copy the entry for Duke Atomic into thatnew file and change the CRC to the needed value.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby Borion » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:41 am

Hint: If you want a modified GRP to be detected you can put a file named "duke.grpinfo" next to it - you have to open engine/grpinfo.txt in raze.pk3, copy the entry for Duke Atomic into thatnew file and change the CRC to the needed value.

OK, thanks Graf!
Borion

Postby StrikerMan780 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:58 pm

Graf Zahl wrote:Regarding Ion Fury, VoidPoint would have to get consent from all past and present contributors to EDuke to make IF legal.

They did. TerminX is in contact with all of the previous and current contributors who've submitted code under BUILDLIC, and they've all signed consent. Ken Silverman included. IF has it's legal bases covered.
StrikerMan780
Struggling but getting by. For now.

Discord: StrikerTheHedgefox#6299
Github ID: StrikerMan780
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby mjr4077au » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:06 pm

On this because I've always been curious, the duke3dsource.zip file includes the Build source code without BUILDLIC.TXT, only a GPL text file. Arguably, the entire thing is GPL2? Even with prior knowledge of Ken releasing his engine under his own license in 2000, it could be said that the release of it in duke3dsource.zip constitutes a relicense of the code since its a newer release of the package.
mjr4077au

Discord: mjr4077au#1027
Github ID: mjr4077au

Postby PlayerLin » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:25 am

Maybe because the GPL v2 for Duke3D game code and BUILDLIC for all Build engine code?

Not sure.
PlayerLin

Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby mjr4077au » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:02 pm

PlayerLin wrote:Maybe because the GPL v2 for Duke3D game code and BUILDLIC for all Build engine code?

Not sure.

But there's literally no BUILDLIC file in the package, only a GPL file. That would make it seem that every piece of code in that zip is GPL licensed.
mjr4077au

Discord: mjr4077au#1027
Github ID: mjr4077au

Postby Phredreeke » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:24 pm

mjr4077au wrote:Even with prior knowledge of Ken releasing his engine under his own license in 2000, it could be said that the release of it in duke3dsource.zip constitutes a relicense of the code since its a newer release of the package.

That raises a very important question - did 3D Realms own the rights to Build Engine? Because if not then this argument is void (and 3D Realms themselves likely committed a license violation by not including it)
Phredreeke

Discord: phredreeke#6500

Postby Graf Zahl » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:49 am

There's really no need to discuss it. Strictly legally speaking it was a license violation. The whole thing can only be made legally proper by all contributors to the GPL code agreeing to a linking exception or by Ken Silverman ultimately relicensing his code - which is unlikely to happen.
Graf Zahl

Previous

Return to General