Blood and its source license

Re: Blood and its source license

Postby lowskill. » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:49 am

Can't say I blame them for that, in hindsight.

Windows 7 was old as fuck and stopped receiving any improvements long ago, the fact that MS pushed people to upgrade to 10 was mostly an issue for people who refused to move on from an aging OS which lacked even basic things 10 has, such as actually good high DPI scaling, hoping that they could continue supporting it forever, wishful thinking at its peak. Ignoring the less scrupulous things they did though, such as making the upgrade setup start even when the user pressed on X to close it, that was extremely abusive.

I, too, had dreamed of them supporting XP forever once, since that was my favorite OS, but that wasn't going to happen, heh.
lowskill.
GZDoom RO Translator & Raze Tester

Twitch ID: sixhundredsixteen
Github ID: sinisterseed
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Redneckerz » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:01 am

lowskill. wrote:Can't say I blame them for that, in hindsight.

Windows 7 was old as fuck and stopped receiving any improvements long ago, the fact that MS pushed people to upgrade to 10 was mostly an issue for people who refused to move on from an aging OS which lacked even basic things 10 has, such as actually good high DPI scaling, hoping that they could continue supporting it forever, wishful thinking at its peak. Ignoring the less scrupulous things they did though, such as making the upgrade setup start even when the user pressed on X to close it, that was extremely abusive.

I, too, had dreamed of them supporting XP forever once, since that was my favorite OS, but that wasn't going to happen, heh.

.... im still on Windows 7 here.

At work we have W10 and Server 2012 R2 though, but one thing W10 is being worse at is the lock screen. All those nice pictures it shows are from the internet. But that's not the problem. The actual problem is that at around the same position as where the logon bar appears to login, there is also a small search monocle with a search bar. If you click on there with your mouse button (Instead of using space) it will, after logging in, open up an Internet Explorer tab with a Bing search on it.

I have had calls this week of surgeons who didn't know this. And before you say [i]''Everyone is ought to know this''[\i] they are surgeons after all. Computers are merely visual aides than tools to them, so i can't expect that they know this.

And frankly, i can agree with their complaint - Its quite moronic that this searchbar is there at roughly the same height as the logon screen.

Ofcourse, doing anything else but clicking with the mouse in that search bar will bring you straight to the logon screen, but hey...
Redneckerz
To it's ports i may have seen
Spotlight Team

Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby drfrag » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:44 am

I don't even know what you're talking about. There isn't any search bar here.
drfrag
Os voy a romper a pedazos!
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Discord: drfrag#3555
Github ID: drfrag666

Postby Redneckerz » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:24 am

drfrag wrote:I don't even know what you're talking about. There isn't any search bar here.

I can tell you the answer in a PM because its really not worth taking that even more offtopic than needed. :)
Redneckerz
To it's ports i may have seen
Spotlight Team

Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby drfrag » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:58 am

Never mind, must be some kind of malware.
drfrag
Os voy a romper a pedazos!
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Discord: drfrag#3555
Github ID: drfrag666

Previous

Return to General