[0.8.1][Blood] Missing chapter cutscenes?

Moderator: Raze Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Warden

[0.8.1][Blood] Missing chapter cutscenes?

Post by Warden »

When loading up a chapter, no chapter start cutscene plays and I get this error in the console:

Code: Select all

movies/cs1.smk: Unable to open video
I copied my gamedata over from the GOG One Unit Whole Blood release, which doesn't have these files unpacked, but they nevertheless play when launching the dosbox.exe so they must exist somewhere.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: [0.8.1][Blood] Missing chapter cutscenes?

Post by Graf Zahl »

They are in the CD image stored in the .GOG file. You have to extract the movies from there - we have no code to actually read these files.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

@ Graf: Would any effort towards pulling this library into Raze be useful at all? https://www.gnu.org/software/libcdio/
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Well, it's from GNU which means it'd be a major pain in the ass to get set up - this thing follows nearly every bad autotools-based design pattern, which normally means it won't compile out of the box anywhere without running the 'configure' script. And even discounting that, this whole thing looks like an utter mess to begin with.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Oh ... you're right, I never looked that deep. I'll have to investigate more, I guess. I was just trying to think of a good easy way to get those files out of the CD images without extracting them.
Warden

Post by Warden »

Opened game.gog with virtualclonedrive, extracted the files and now everything's working correctly. I suppose it's worth mentioning that these files should be kept in a movies/ subfolder for raze to autodetect them, not the base directory.

Return to “Closed Bugs [Raze]”