Duke creates a "Redneck::" context unconditionally

Moderator: Raze Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Duke creates a "Redneck::" context unconditionally

Post by Rachael »

It appears the value for the cvar "duke_compatibility_15" is not yet available at the time of the CheckFrontend() function being called. I ran this through the debugger under multiple passes, finally forcing it to call Duke::CreateInterface() which was the only way I was able to get the Duke::namespace interface working.

I thought that it was a problem with the way the CVar was being called so I changed it to duke_compatibility_15.ToInt() instead of *duke_compatibility_15 and that did not change anything. So it appears at this point in the program's control flow, the value for that CVar simply hasn't been loaded in.

This does not affect Ion Fury.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Duke creates a "Redneck::" context unconditionally

Post by Graf Zahl »

Surely IF is not subjected to it because it does not run with the old CON language set. I'll have to check the order of things here, the global CVARs surely need to be set up before the frontend is loaded, otherwise there would be no chance of global setup options.

Return to “Closed Bugs [Raze]”